Main Menu

DREDD - Blu-ray Wish List

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 18 September, 2012, 04:54:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: orinAGN on 01 October, 2012, 05:10:40 PM
Box-Office performance doesn't dictate DVD features.

For instance, look at John Carter.

That is Disney though who - despite the film's box-office performance - can easily write of the hit since the film division of that company only accounts for 7% of its revenues.

orinAGN

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 01 October, 2012, 05:14:45 PM
Quote from: orinAGN on 01 October, 2012, 05:10:40 PM
Box-Office performance doesn't dictate DVD features.

For instance, look at John Carter.

That is Disney though who - despite the film's box-office performance - can easily write of the hit since the film division of that company only accounts for 7% of its revenues.

Doesn't alter the illustration.

But if you want, fine....

"Punisher: War Zone" was also a flop.
It's release featured: Director & Cinematographer Commentary, Making of featurette, a Featurette on Dominic West and the character he played, a featurette on the tech, gear, props, and weapons of the film, a feature documenting the training process for Ray Stevenson becoming The Punisher, and even a feature detailing the films unique color scheme.

And THAT was a flop that was also distributed by Lionsgate, just like Dredd. 

So, there ya go.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

A Free Comic would be nice. Like one of Dredd's one-shot, self contained 5-pagers. One of the Cliff Robinson's would be my choice (they really should collect them all together), but a brand-new 'exclusive to the DVD' comic would be even better.
You may quote me on that.

Beeks

So do you think it will be out for Christmas as it didn't do well?
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

chuffsteruk

Lawless has just been announced on Blu-Ray in the US for November 27th, that came out on August 29th there and September 7th here.

Maybe we'll see an announcement this week!

COMMANDO FORCES

Let's hope they don't announce it just yet. I would wait for the theatrical release to be over before letting people know the date of it's release.

Mark Taylor

What I'm really hoping for is for the Blu-ray to have the film on it. This has the added benefit that hoping for something that's basically guaranteed comes with a very low chance of disappointment.

judge devs

I'd be happy for a Monday 3rd December release. This wouldn't have anything to do with my 40th Birthday or anything, absolutely nothing at all  ;)

JTurner

A forum commentary track (you know you'd kill to get in on that one and no one here's short of a comment or two).

JOE SOAP

Option to have Goaty signing in a small box on the screen.

orinAGN

So, now that the date has been announced, how soon does anyone guess we'll start hearing about what features it might have?

Kudos

The DVD/Blu release date's been announced? Where? And when?

Goaty

judge devs

Quote from: Kudos on 10 October, 2012, 11:37:28 AM
The DVD/Blu release date's been announced? Where? And when?

22nd Jan has been talked about in the US, but as US DVD's, and most things in general, get released on a Tuesday it's possible that the UK release date will be the 21st. I can't remember seeing anyone mention anything about this US date actually being official?

You never know given we got the movie two weeks earlier we might get the DVD a bit sooner as well? I'd say it's fair to assume a January release date though.

This was the thread that first mentioned it.

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,37156.0.html

orinAGN