Main Menu

What is going on with graphic novel availability?

Started by radiator, 26 September, 2012, 11:18:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

Thought this deserved a thread.

Is it just me or are 2000ad trades getting harder to get hold of?

For the last five years or so, I have pre-ordered the forthcoming books that I want from The Book Depository. I get a dispatch email on the release date, then the book arrives a few days later - around the same time, sometimes just before they hit the shops.

But for the last year, I've started to become a bit irritated with TBD. Books don't show up for months after release (still head nor tail of Restricted Files 04) and I've also noticed how certain new books and reprints  seem to appear on Amazon for a couple of weeks, then disappear (I believe this happened with the America reprint and Mega-City Undercover 02).

Is this just a problem with TBD/Amazon (I know the latter bought the former, just before this issue started) or is it something else?

Can anyone recommend me a reliable, speedy source for Rebellion books that I can switch to?

HdE

I'd had a bit of difficulty like this when sourcing some fo the Dredd Case files. Soem of them were almost IMPOSSIBLE to find brand new.

I think it was volumes 3 and 7 that caused the trouble. At one point, the only new copy of volume 3 was going for £90 on Amazon. That situation quickly righted itself, though.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Large48

Can't say I've really had a problem myself with this.

Although I do think Rebellion could do a better job (although I understand its not high prioity) or have a specific part of the Web Site (hint hint!!!!!) or letting us know when GN's are released in each region.

So not just the UK market, but the S&S ones for the US as well as the European reprints etc, etc.

There must be a list of upcomiong releases that they could just share on the site?

It would equal more sales / pre-orders if nothing else!
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]