Main Menu

NEW READERS: WIN FREE PROGS!

Started by SmallBlueThing, 27 September, 2012, 09:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmallBlueThing

I've just had a bit of a root-through the corner of our bedroom that holds all the thrill-power (and sadly, yes I do mean my 2000ADs and not my pants-drawer) and have come downstairs with twelve old progs of which I have doubles.

So- this is a competition open ONLY to new readers in the UK. Basically, if you've picked up 2000AD for the first time as a result of the movie, or come back to it after decades away and wish you had more progs- then this is for you. All twelve are from between progs 500 and 1750, and it's heavily weighted towards the more recent ones- so if you want me to send them to you free of charge, and live in the UK (I'm not made of cash and can't afford airmail) just complete the following sentence:

"Oh my Grud! This 2000AD thing is taking over my life- last night I..."

You have until midnight Sunday, and I will choose the winner based on who makes me chuckle the most. Progs will be posted on Tuesday and will hopefully be with you on Thursday latest- so this time next week you could be reading nearly 400 free pages of classic/vintage/old thrill-power.

Splundig Vurr Freebies!

SBT

COMMANDO FORCES

SmallBlueThing

orinAGN

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 27 September, 2012, 09:06:59 PM
I've just had a bit of a root-through the corner of our bedroom that holds all the thrill-power (and sadly, yes I do mean my 2000ADs and not my pants-drawer) and have come downstairs with twelve old progs of which I have doubles.

So- this is a competition open ONLY to new readers in the UK. Basically, if you've picked up 2000AD for the first time as a result of the movie, or come back to it after decades away and wish you had more progs- then this is for you. All twelve are from between progs 500 and 1750, and it's heavily weighted towards the more recent ones- so if you want me to send them to you free of charge, and live in the UK (I'm not made of cash and can't afford airmail) just complete the following sentence:

"Oh my Grud! This 2000AD thing is taking over my life- last night I..."

You have until midnight Sunday, and I will choose the winner based on who makes me chuckle the most. Progs will be posted on Tuesday and will hopefully be with you on Thursday latest- so this time next week you could be reading nearly 400 free pages of classic/vintage/old thrill-power.

Splundig Vurr Freebies!

SBT

If no one is replying, I will, if only for S&Gs. 
I'm from across the pond though, but if you find out what the cheapest it is to ship from there to here is, I'll happily pay you.  My local comic shops don't carry any 2000 AD anything.
I know it costs me $11.60 to ship to London.

Oh my Grud! This 2000AD thing is taking over my life- last night I... put off doing all of my school work in order to organize a list of Progs I don't even own, and I'm starting to have daydreams that I'm in Mega-City One.

Okay.  Less "make you chuckle" and more sad.  I know.  It's the best I could do at the drop of a hat. I wanted to be the first reply.  I'll think about it and work harder at it.

Problem is, I've only seen the 2 movies (I know the '95 one shouldn't be mentioned, hehe) and played the SNES game, and read the Batman/Judge Dredd cross-overs.

so, THESE would be the first real Progs I've actually owned.

orinAGN

Okay, okay, here's one.  And this is actually true, too.

Oh my Grud! This 2000AD thing is taking over my life- last night I... had a dream about Karl Urban's Dredd showing up in Stallone's Judge Dredd and freaking out, like "what the hell is going on here?!  Oh my Grud! What is that, a giant codpiece?!  Who are you?!"  And then they have a big fight, and Urban's Dredd executes Stallone for "impersonating a Judge".

Mabs

Oh my Grud!  this 2000AD thing is taking over my life! Last night I went downstairs for a cuppa and found Walter serving me tea and crumpets! ''Dwokk me'' I cried!  :D
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Mabs

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Mr Walter the Wobot

Oh my grud! This 2000AD thing is taking over my life! Last night I visited my brother, and his youngest asked me to help him practice his ABCs. Wasn't until he came home from school with a note asking why he'd written Hammerstein', 'Deadlock' etc in his alphabet practice book that I realised my mistake!

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

vzzbux

"Oh my Grud! This 2000AD thing is taking over my life- last night I...choked my chicken and spanked my monkey. Now the RSPCA are kicking in my door as I type."

I know I don't count but couldn't resist.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

davidblack

"Oh my Grud! This 2000AD thing is taking over my life- last night I...had a moment of profound sadness when I realised that Tweak might not be real"

SmallBlueThing

Glad to see some movement here, for a while I was worried that all the new people had no interest in the actual comic. And for everyone's information, I've found some more stuff to but into the prize parcel...

SBT

orinAGN

Here's another:
""Oh my Grud! This 2000AD thing is taking over my life- last night I...was helping teach my baby nephew to say 'yellow', but he says 'delow', but all I hear 'the law', and I couldn't stop giggling, because I have Baby Dredd in my house."

Mabs

Oh my grud! This 2000AD thing is taking over my life! Last night I woke up screaming in my sleep,  ''whats the matter?''' Cried my missus. ''it was terrible''' I cried ''i saw myself getting attacked by Snap, Crackle and Pop, and they were draining the life out of me!'' ''oh well'' cried my wife calmly ''looks like no more Rice Krispies for you then''!

My Twitter @nexuswookie

TordelBack

Bit of a late play for a KTT, if Molch-R is to be believed*, but I like SBT's style!

*While RoBusters controversially tells us the First Law of Robotics is that a robot may not lie,  ABC Warriors tells us that some robots are programmed to lie.  Who to believe?  Not a PR droid, that's for sure.