Main Menu

Finally put up a proper website: www.blackmocco.com

Started by blackmocco, 19 October, 2012, 05:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zarjazzer

so much good stuff there it's almost difficult to know where to begin wiv da praise. loved the b&w illo "bloke in a bar" don't know what it's from but it got me thinking who is his guy? what's he waiting for? (service probably from the newspaper reading barman  :D). Really lovely piece.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

IAMTHESYSTEM

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

blackmocco

Quote from: Zarjazzer on 20 October, 2012, 11:09:39 AM
so much good stuff there it's almost difficult to know where to begin wiv da praise. loved the b&w illo "bloke in a bar" don't know what it's from but it got me thinking who is his guy? what's he waiting for? (service probably from the newspaper reading barman  :D). Really lovely piece.

Turns out it's my old man. He died two years ago this March and as much as I hate to perpetuate any cliches about Irishmen loving the aul booze too much, well...

Won't bore you all with the details but he fell outside his local pub and went into the hospital on what turned out to be one-way trip.

The thing that inspired me/chilled me to the bone was when meself and my brother went down to his local to tell people. The barman pointed (almost proudly, I might add) at a collection of walking sticks hanging over the bar of past patrons who had also died in or around the pub. Thought he was joking at first and he's all "No, sure you can see their names on the sticks if you want". Don't think I've ever sank a pint of Guinness as fast as I did after that... Haha!
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Neil McClements

There's no need to repeat what everyone else has said already but I'm gonna anyway, lovely work throughout the whole thing. Your very talented artist!

Zarjazzer

Quote from: blackmocco on 20 October, 2012, 04:25:53 PM
Quote from: Zarjazzer on 20 October, 2012, 11:09:39 AM

Turns out it's my old man. He died two years ago this March and as much as I hate to perpetuate any cliches about Irishmen loving the aul booze too much, well...

Won't bore you all with the details but he fell outside his local pub and went into the hospital on what turned out to be one-way trip.

The thing that inspired me/chilled me to the bone was when meself and my brother went down to his local to tell people. The barman pointed (almost proudly, I might add) at a collection of walking sticks hanging over the bar of past patrons who had also died in or around the pub. Thought he was joking at first and he's all "No, sure you can see their names on the sticks if you want". Don't think I've ever sank a pint of Guinness as fast as I did after that... Haha!

Crikey!  :o :o :o
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.