Main Menu

CBR Report on 2000ad panel from NYCC

Started by Colin YNWA, 24 October, 2012, 04:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

CBR have a write up of the NYCC 2000ad panel. Nothing astonishing though some confirmation of John Wagner returning to Dredd next year and Matt Smith Dredd Year One series from IDW that Commando Forces has mentioned elsewhere.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=41818

Might be an idea to ignore the first set of art pictures though...

Edited to add: Oh and Al Ewing admits that he dropped the ball on the first page of 'Cold Deck'... honest, really he does... its not there anymore well they must have edited it out... ahem...

radiator

Yes to Wagner back on Dredd - great stuff.

Though I've been less than enamored by what I've seen of IDW Dredd so far (especially the art on that site - yuck), I'll definitely be checking out Matt Smith's Year One - I've heard good things about his Dredd prose work.

Judge Fish

Thanks for the heads up and link, much appreciated.
Bloop.

Dodsy

One thing I did pick up on (and this could just be bad wording on CBR's part) was that the Dark Judges story in the works, "Dark Justice" will run alongside Dredd.
Does this mean the Dark Judges are getting there own story or is Dark Justice a Dredd story and CBR hasn't worded it very well?

Anyone got any ideas?
Twitter - @dodsy84

radiator

I read it as "Dark Justice" won't be billed as a Judge Dredd story, and will run along with the main Dredd strip in 2000ad.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: radiator on 25 October, 2012, 01:42:43 PM
I read it as "Dark Justice" won't be billed as a Judge Dredd story, and will run along with the main Dredd strip in 2000ad.

That's certainly my take on it. Which should prove interesting, kinda like double Dredd in the Prog for a while?

Cyber-Matt

No, Dark Justice will be the lead Dredd strip.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Cyber-Matt on 25 October, 2012, 02:06:54 PM
No, Dark Justice will be the lead Dredd strip.

Thanks for the clarification. Shame really as it sounded like it was going to be a very interesting way to approach a story... still Wagner and Staples I guess we shouldn't get greedy!