Main Menu

Star Wars Episode 7 and Disney buy Lucas Film

Started by willthemightyW, 30 October, 2012, 08:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Tordelback on 24 December, 2015, 09:40:00 PM
Quote from: 8-Ball on 24 December, 2015, 08:39:41 PM
Everybody keeps on about Supreme Leader Snoke being [spoiler]Darth Plagueis[/spoiler]. But he is clearly [spoiler]Ezra Bridger[/spoiler] from [spoiler]Star Wars: Rebels[/spoiler]. They even have the same bloomin' nose.

Damn good idea that!  If one of those[spoiler] Lothcats [/spoiler]menaces our heroes next time out, we'll know for sure.  I got the most wonderful momentary thrill when I saw Max Vion Sydow's [spoiler]'old ally'[/spoiler] character, for just an instant I was convinced he was [spoiler]Kanan[/spoiler].

During an interview with Richard Marquand back in 1983, when they were promoting Return of the Jedi, there was a reference to someone akin to Supreme Leader Snoke turning up in the sequels:

"Did George tell you the complete SW saga?
Yes, all nine parts ... if you follow the direction and project into the final trilogy, you realise you're going to meet the supreme intellect, and you think, how is it possible to create a man who has such profound cunning that he can not only control Darth Vader, but the fate of Luke Skywalker? Control the destiny of the whole galaxy? You'll be amazed!" - Richard Marquand, Prevue Magazine, July 1983

TordelBack

I do rather fancy the idea of Snoke being a bigger puppet master behind the Sith and Jedi, in keeping with the idea that this trilogy will blur the lines between Dark and Light. After all, alone of all the Jedi Qui-Gon Jinn knew the score, and he was of the opinion that there's always a bigger fish.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Tordelback on 24 December, 2015, 11:35:03 PM
I do rather fancy the idea of Snoke being a bigger puppet master behind the Sith and Jedi, in keeping with the idea that this trilogy will blur the lines between Dark and Light.

And the Knights of Ren too.

I hope they continue the mothers and daughters aspect of it. Wouldn't mind seeing General Organa go a bit dark and gung ho after Han's death - the Resistance should've captured that Starkiller base and used it on the First Order.

ThryllSeekyr

Pretty sure Snoke is that English actor, Bill Nighy without looking it up....

TordelBack

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 25 December, 2015, 08:28:32 AM

He's none other than Gollum/Kong/Caesar/Captain Haddock/Andy Serkis. Nighy would have been good, though!

Bat King

"I feel it in my fingers
I feel it in my toes
The Force is all around me
And so the power grows
It's written on the wind
It's everywhere I go, oh yes it is
So if you feel the Force
Come on and let it show
You know I love the Force, I always will
My mind's made up by the
Way that I feel
The Force has no beginning,
The Force has no end
'cause in the Force you can depend"
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Tordelback on 25 December, 2015, 08:45:45 AM
Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 25 December, 2015, 08:28:32 AM

He's none other than Gollum/Kong/Caesar/Captain Haddock/Andy Serkis. Nighy would have been good, though!

Not to be insulting, it just looked like him under the prosthetics....

Can't show you the way I saw him, because my images aren't working properly.

I was pretty sure it was him underneath all that damage.

Quote from: Bat King"I feel it in my fingers
I feel it in my toes
The Force is all around me
And so the power grows
It's written on the wind
It's everywhere I go, oh yes it is
So if you feel the Force
Come on and let it show
You know I love the Force, I always will
My mind's made up by the
Way that I feel
The Force has no beginning,
The Force has no end
'cause in the Force you can depend"

You came up with that yourself?

GordonR

There aren't any prosthetics - he's clearly a CGI creation.  (Hence why Andy Serkis was hired for the mo-cap performance and he looks kinda like Gollum.)

Being all-CGI, he sticks out like a sore thumb in film where the re-emphasis was on practical effects.  And just looked slightly rubbish, I thought.

Professor Bear

I thought he looked like Voldemort from the Harry Potter films.  IE: rubbish.

TordelBack

Quote from: GordonR on 25 December, 2015, 01:33:43 PM
Being all-CGI, he sticks out like a sore thumb in film where the re-emphasis was on practical effects.  And just looked slightly rubbish, I thought.

Terribly jarring, and a dull design too (another absolute-last-minute decision on the look, I'd guess, which admittedly is a SW tradition). Happily his only appearing as a giant hologram gives Johnson a certain room for manouever in redesigning.

GordonR

Quote from: Tordelback on 25 December, 2015, 02:27:12 PM

Terribly jarring, and a dull design too (another absolute-last-minute decision on the look, I'd guess, which admittedly is a SW tradition). Happily his only appearing as a giant hologram gives Johnson a certain room for manouever in redesigning.

I'm hoping he's going to turn out to be Yoda-sized when we actually meet him.

And with a comedy squeaky voice.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Yeah, he stuck out for me too. They'll probably have it sorted out by about the third special edition.

Calling it now, when we meet him in the flesh he'll be about three feet tall.
You may quote me on that.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Mister Pops on 25 December, 2015, 02:39:09 PM
Redlettermedia seem to have accreted this as a prime example of predictability, but to be honest Napoleon complexes are common in cinematic villeins.

TordelBack

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 25 December, 2015, 02:42:14 PM
Quote from: Mister Pops on 25 December, 2015, 02:39:09 PM
Redlettermedia seem to have accreted this as a prime example of predictability, but to be honest Napoleon complexes are common in cinematic villeins.

As Spike Milligan said, their brains are too close to their arses.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 25 December, 2015, 02:42:14 PMNapoleon complexes are common in cinematic villeins.

Poor Napoleon, forever misrepresented by clerical error:

The myth of the "Napoleon Complex" — named after him to describe men who have an inferiority complex — stems primarily from the fact that he was listed, incorrectly, as 5 feet 2 inches (in French units) at the time of his death. In fact, he was 1.68 metres (5 ft 6 in) tall, an average height for a man in that period.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleon