Main Menu

Star Wars Episode 7 and Disney buy Lucas Film

Started by willthemightyW, 30 October, 2012, 08:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

Abrams did a good job of channelling ET for SUPER 8 so maybe he can channel EMPIRE for this.  (Appreciate that some people didnt like SUPER 8 for exactly that reason.)
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 25 January, 2013, 08:25:18 PM
What proposed TV show??

It was proposed by one-half the internet.

The other-half agreed.

Goaty

Disney has begun to outline its plans for the Star Wars franchise, with the studio promising a new adventure in the galaxy far, far away every year from 2015.

The studio made the announcement at the CinemaCon festival, explaining that the films would alternate annually between the ongoing sequence of "Episodes" and a series of standalone movies.

We still haven't had any confirmation as to which characters will be getting the spin-off treatment, although rumours have suggested that Yoda, Boba Fett and Han Solo movies are already in the works.

It's a strikingly bold proposal from Disney, although recruitment has already begun on the screenwriting front, with Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg thought to be hard at work on the spin-offs.

Meanwhile, J.J. Abrams Star Wars: Episode VII will be the studio's opening salvo, with that film pencilled in to open in 2015 and kick off the subsequent domino effect. Looks like we'll have plenty to discuss over the coming months and years...

Hawkmumbler

So Disney are doing Avengers in the Star Wars universe?  Make's sense as Avengers has become one of the highest grossing franchises of all time.

Colin YNWA

While I completely understand given the amount Disney has paid for the franchise (God that's becoming an increasingly depressing and all too common term) the desire to crank these out, will one a year be rather over egging things?

Guess Marvel are seeing it work for them and figure Disney see Star Wars as equally exploitable. Me I'm not convinced there's quite the same depth to the mythology (don't chase me out of town!) and things could get tired quite quickly.

Radbacker

nah plenty of depth in the Star Wras universe, haven't you always wanted to see how Max Rebo and his band ended up playing in Jabba's Palace?  ;)

Cu Radbacker

James Stacey

I'm looking forward to the one entitled 'the secret diary of a mouse droid'

Goaty

Quote from: Radbacker on 18 April, 2013, 09:19:15 AM
nah plenty of depth in the Star Wras universe, haven't you always wanted to see how Max Rebo and his band ended up playing in Jabba's Palace?  ;)

Cu Radbacker

Thought that was well tell in Star Wars Tales graphic books?

Radbacker

QuoteThought that was well tell in Star Wars Tales graphic books?
actually i believe it was recently thats probs where i got the idea  :D
How about diary of a Rancor Keeper?

Cu Radbacker

Hawkmumbler

Will Salacious Crumb be getting a spin-off? :lol:

Zarjazzer

The sarlacc show. More Star Wars should (hopefully) be good for everything but my wallet.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

von Boom

Disney's thinking too small. They should be thinking Perry Rhodan where a new novel is churned out every week by the monkeys writing staff.

Also what about the direct to video market. A new video bio of every imperial soldier killed on each of the Death Stars.

shaolin_monkey

They could do a Discovery Channel type programme.  For example, I always wanted to know how to herd Nerfs.

Hawkmumbler

David Attenborough presents, "Twilight on Hoth", complete with Wampa cave search.

shaolin_monkey

Bruce Parry integrating into Sandpeople culture.  I wonder what strange drugs THEY take?!?