Main Menu

Star Wars Episode 7 and Disney buy Lucas Film

Started by willthemightyW, 30 October, 2012, 08:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: Zombear on 20 October, 2015, 01:38:40 PM
That "zoom in on CGI spaceship, follow it, then zoom in again" shot is really starting to get on my fucking nerves now.

CGI, you say? Surely not!  I expect nothing less than painfully hand-assembled mattes and multiple exposures of models using only original Dykstraflex Vista Vision cameras. But obviously looking absolutely clean and flawless. No unintentional transparencies, jerkiness, hairs or matte lines. Otherwise Disney will be refunding me my ticket.

I've watched this thing about 30 times now.  It's a dense little confection to be sure.

JamesC

I hope that wasn't a spoiler [spoiler]about Chewie[/spoiler] in the above post. Because that would be really annoying after managing to avoid the spoilers on the previous page after the Forum migration.  >:( :(

von Boom

I am doing my level best to not watch any more trailers or listen to any more gossip about this film. I've decided I'm going to try to capture the wonder my 7 year old self felt when I first saw Star Wars in 1977. I knew nothing about it then and I was blown away.

I think I may disconnect my internet on the 17 December until I've seen it on 18 December.

TordelBack

Quote from: JamesC on 20 October, 2015, 04:57:56 PM
I hope that wasn't a spoiler [spoiler]about Chewie[/spoiler] in the above post. Because that would be really annoying after managing to avoid the spoilers on the previous page after the Forum migration.  >:( :(

Mere scuttlebutt and waffle respectively, James. Pay it no heed.

Professor Bear

Quote from: JamesC on 20 October, 2015, 04:57:56 PM

I cannot say if such a thing happens to that character in the film, and I have certainly not read any spoilers which suggest such is the case.  The lady type seems to be blubbing over someone's corpse in the trailer at one point, but it could be anyone.

Grugz

chewie certainly gets injured as he's sporting a bandage on his arm but [spoiler]Han might be the one rey's blubbing over if rumours are true[/spoiler]
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Dark Jimbo

Out of curiosity I watched the trailer, and found myself wishing I had seen the original films for the first time in my life - which seems like a good measure of success!
@jamesfeistdraws

Spikes

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Spikes on 20 October, 2015, 06:13:04 PM
Quote from: radiator on 20 October, 2015, 04:33:51 PM
...doing my best to remain cynical.

Me too,  ;)

Indeed. Lucas was renowned in how studious he was in holding back on merchandising opportunities... 

Satanist

Well I am very much looking forward to seeing a Star Wars film in the cinema at Xmas with my 2 boys.

And after the prequels who the fuck would have thought that? Certainly not me so something must be getting done right.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

CrazyFoxMachine

TordelBack

Ha, that They Live'd poster is superb - creative folk are so quick off the mark these days.

So I spent a happy hour slow-mo'ing the trailer with The Boy over in my Forbidden Shed of Mystery (aka my office), and it's safe to say, much excitement was had and insight gained.  Most pored-over bit was this:

Loving that scene, and all its implications.  Not just one Kylo Ren, but seven of the gits, doing a sort of Dark Judges thing with different weapons and helmets, surrounded by bodies.  The Boy (entirely unspoiled) reckons this is [spoiler]a flashback to the destruction of Luke's Jedi Academy, whereby we find all our Force-connected characters scattered in exile[/spoiler], and I'm not going to argue with him.   

judda fett

Mandalorian helmet there on the left hand side (as Musical Youth might've said).

Spaceghost

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 20 October, 2015, 06:42:58 PM
I just took that as a general SW dig - this is (need I remind you) the belov'd space saga that changed a potentially massive major plot point for merchandise reasons alone

I'm not sure it's accurate to say that anything was changed. Harrison Ford wanted Han to be killed off, but it was never in any script.

[spoiler]If what I've read is accurate, the situation will be rectified in this new film anyway.[/spoiler]
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Professor Bear

The way I've heard/read it is that Ford enjoys working on Star Wars (with Lucas, at any rate), he just doesn't think that Han Solo is much of an acting gig.  If anything, you'd expect him to want [spoiler]Han to be bumped off at the end of Episode IX.[/spoiler]