Main Menu

Comics you are most excited about in 2013

Started by Ancient Otter, 08 November, 2012, 09:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CLOUDMAN

Sure I'm forgetting a good few, but Threshold is pretty high up there as my most anticipated.

I, Cosh

Looking back at last year's thread I am dumbfounded to find that I failed to make the same tedious joke I make every time something like this comes up. So it's Big Numbers #4 for me in 2013.
We never really die.

Mabs

Antares Episode 3 - its been bloody ages since i read Episode 2 and i've been waiting for the next instalment for a while now. I understand the comic is out but in its original French language; so Cinebook if you're reading this then get a bloody move on!
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Ancient Otter

Quote from: Ancient Otter on 09 November, 2012, 03:22:25 PMNo sign of Battling Boy from Paul Pope, but The One-Trick Rip Off will be re-released in January with extras including the manga he produced for Kodansha.

...and Battling Boy Volume 1 due to be announced for release next year and a new previously unannounced project for November 2013...

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2012/11/paul-pope-lauches-new-website-teases-us-with-battling-boy-again/

Ancient Otter

Quote from: Mabs on 10 November, 2012, 01:50:33 AM
Antares Episode 3 - its been bloody ages since i read Episode 2 and i've been waiting for the next instalment for a while now. I understand the comic is out but in its original French language; so Cinebook if you're reading this then get a bloody move on!

You know it is down for March, yes?

TordelBack

I'm trying to think of something new that is on my nerdar, but I can't.  So:

Slaine: The Grail War.  Always find these later Slaine collections way exceed my expectations, and not only because I go in expecting the worst.

However, my big comics project for next year is to try to gather up the 'Unlucky 13', the last 13 Progs of 2011 (1750-1762) which financial woes and general misery prevented me getting, despite kind offers from several boarders.  That would mean new Low Life: The Deal, Angel Zero, Indigo Prime, Ampney Crucis and the earlier parts of Day of Chaos.  Hell of a line-up.  Have to say I'm very excited about that.

Professor Bear

The first collection of The Massive, Brian Wood's follow-up to DMZ, even though it does some of my pet peeves - setup tailor-made for an adaptation, similar premise to several Sci-Fi Channel movies.  The first couple of issues were alright, though.

SmallBlueThing

Constantine, for the larks and the spat blood it will no doubt cause.

FF, for Miss Thing- a concept and design that made me laugh and laugh and laugh when i first read about it and which i remember the first time round from MWOM (probably) and remember being very fond of at the time. This might be the comic to make me break my strict 'no marvels' rule. In fact, i'll be studying 'marvel now' closely and maybe buying a shitload, dumping them on my kids, and seeing if they go for any. But FF (and maybe Fantastic Four too) is definately mine.

Frankenstein joining the JLD- i will mourn frankie's cancellation, but quite look forward to him jumping on board a comic ive only just picked up but which i quite like.

SBT

douglaswolk

Two new David B. books, "Black Paths" and "Incidents in the Night, vol. 1."
Two new Gilbert Hernandez books, "Julio's Day" and "Marble Season."
Lucy Knisley's "Relish: My Life in the Kitchen."
Jason's "Lost Cat."
Kieron Gillen and Ryan Kelly's "Three."
If Matt Fraction and David Aja's "Hawkeye" stays as good as its first three issues have been, that's going to be something really special.

SmallBlueThing

Forgot to add- the very last installment of this bloody 'rotworld' story, so i can hopefully wave goodbye to animal man- a series that's the epitome of mediocre and which i only buy due to my mad plan to own every appearance of the swamp thing. Nearly there... Nearly there...

SBT

ming

The 'Best of Milligan & McCarthy' book is the main thing on my mind for next year; I'll be watching like a hawk for news on that front.  Will post any info I get in 'The Strangeness...' thread.

Dark Jimbo

Nemo: Heart of Ice (though I'm not really expecting it to appear until 2014)

Hellboy in Hell - the return of Mignola to art duties on his signature creation.

Going to get the Top Ten Absolute edition when released which will mean I get to read the two spin-offs for the first time.

Also planning to finally get around to reading From Hell. And got a load of Swap Thing hardbacks coming for Christmas which I'm looking forward to, and the plan is to start reading Hellblazer off the back of those (great timing, I know). Yes they're all quite old now, but they're new to me.

Beyond that more BPRD, 2000AD and assorted Cinebooks (Long John Silver IV would be very welcome indeed!)
@jamesfeistdraws

mygrimmbrother

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 11 November, 2012, 05:38:04 PM

Hellboy in Hell - the return of Mignola to art duties on his signature creation.

Beyond that more BPRD, 2000AD and assorted Cinebooks (Long John Silver IV would be very welcome indeed!)

How could I forget Hellboy?? And yeah, really looking forward to the various BPRD arcs coming up in 2013 too

Mabs

Quote from: Ancient Otter on 10 November, 2012, 11:19:40 PM
Quote from: Mabs on 10 November, 2012, 01:50:33 AM

You know it is down for March, yes?

Yeah, went on the Cinebook website. I cannot wait!

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Mabs

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 11 November, 2012, 05:38:04 PM
Nemo: Heart of Ice (though I'm not really expecting it to appear until 2014)

Going to get the Top Ten Absolute edition when released which will mean I get to read the two spin-offs for the first time.

Also planning to finally get around to reading From Hell. And got a load of Swap Thing hardbacks coming for Christmas which I'm looking forward to, and the plan is to start reading Hellblazer off the back of those (great timing, I know). Yes they're all quite old now, but they're new to me.

Wow thats news to me! I've been meaning to read Top Ten for a long time now. Any idea when its planned for release Jimbo? Looking forward to the absolute edition. :)

My Twitter @nexuswookie