Main Menu

Comics you are most excited about in 2013

Started by Ancient Otter, 08 November, 2012, 09:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ancient Otter

Hawkmumbler

Been quite silent this year as there's nothing from the US on my radar, instead everythings coming in from the east, especialy Japan. For people who know your manga, Bleach is wrapping up after 11 years of up's and downs and as my greatest guilty pleasure it will be a shame to see it go. D.Gray-Man is on haitus AGAIN, next chapter won't be out til March what a fucking joke! 20th Century Boy is set to start publication here also. Drifeters continues to fill in Hellsings boots nicely and there's a Fullmetal Alchemist spin-off in the works. Good stuff.

Ancient Otter

I see there is a few Steve Niles fans on the boards here, so they might want to keep an eye out on the Chin Music miniseries coming from him and Tony Harris in April.

NorthVox

I'm excited for Day of Chaos, because being the wise man I am, I decided to stop reading the weekly literally one issue before the thing started.

Ancient Otter

The Tales From Beyond Science collection is solicited for a February 13th release. 

Basilisk

A Battlefields out of WWII... interesting. I also love the MiG-15(And the Sabre too). I have volume one and i have to get volume 2 soon... i love the first volume and his War Stories from Vertigo.

Usually i don't have a lot of stuff to look forward this year... Manhattan Projects, more Atomic Robo, Star Wars Comics, Judge Dredd and more 2000AD stuff... let's see what this year gets.

Yesterday i bought the first trade of the new Prophet series. The first of my 2013 list. It's a beginning. :)
Ah, Henry Peter Gyrich -- I should'a guessed. Tell me -- do you National Security Council Guys get a cheaper rate buyin' those sunglasses in bulk?

Mabs

Quote from: NorthVox on 03 February, 2013, 09:09:19 AM
I'm excited for Day of Chaos, because being the wise man I am, I decided to stop reading the weekly literally one issue before the thing started.

I've pre-ordered it from Amazon.....along with Nemo: Heart of Ice.
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: Ancient Otter on 04 February, 2013, 03:50:33 PM
The Tales From Beyond Science collection is solicited for a February 13th release.

Has anyone informed Diamond of this?

New Releases For 2/13/2013

"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Basilisk

And i forgot one. It's not from this year, but from November, 2012:

ANOMALY, by Anomaly Productions Inc:

Big comic. Hardcover, 370 pages. Interactive: "Readers can download a free Anomaly app for iOS and Android equipped with Ultra Augmented Reality™ technology featuring more than 50 fully 3D models. Just point your iOS or Android device at the page of the hardcover book and the illustrations spring to life in 3D animation and interactivity."

Quite high reviews of its quality, everywhere.

There's also a collector's edition. With 16 character prints, limited edition book signed by the authors and special packaging.

You can get it, for example, on Amazon.co.uk. If it's permitted, i will post the link to the product. There's a preview of the GN there also. Quite nice art.
Ah, Henry Peter Gyrich -- I should'a guessed. Tell me -- do you National Security Council Guys get a cheaper rate buyin' those sunglasses in bulk?

Ancient Otter

Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 11 February, 2013, 02:26:38 AMHas anyone informed Diamond of this?

New Releases For 2/13/2013

Things From Another World have it down for that date and I saw that date on a few other websites, lets cross our fingers and hope they are right...my bad if they don't.

RobWhite

Have to say, I'm looking forward to more Manhattan Projects from Jonathan Hickman & I'm thoroughly enjoying what he's doing on The Avengers.  Can't wait to see where that goes...

sheldipez

Quote from: RobWhite on 11 February, 2013, 08:31:50 PM
Have to say, I'm looking forward to more Manhattan Projects from Jonathan Hickman & I'm thoroughly enjoying what he's doing on The Avengers.  Can't wait to see where that goes...

I'm jumping off Avengers at #6, there's nothing particularly wrong with it (though I don't think it deserves the overly high praise it's received from some sites) but it suffers from the exact same problem that every other multi-character comic suffers, too many people not enough "screen time" with each to do anything interesting. The lack of focus means it has great art but jumps about issue to issue to like a child with short attention span. Again, I don't think anything is really wrong with it, it's more a problem I've always had with comics with overly large cast of characters, I've never got into X-Men for the same reason. I've yet to grab a Manhattan Projects TPB though, sounds more my cuppa tea.

Professor Bear

My issue with the JH Avengers is much the same as my issue with the BMB Avengers - I have no idea why I am supposed to care about these people.  It seems to be taken for granted that we care what happens to Iron Man or who Mr Fantastic is, and if you don't care in either case you're in a pickle.
I also have the funny feeling that JH wants to be Grant Morrison really, really badly, but didn't take enough drugs in his youth to facilitate the necessary mutation of his brain because he was too busy reading Grant Morrison comics and taking notes, as if you translate the alien shouting in Avengers (as Bleeding Cool have), you will notice that the story is basically the Mageddon plot from Morrison's JLA, but without the entertaining Rock Of Ages detour as BMB is already doing that elsewhere with Age Of Ultron.

Still, I'm sure plenty of others are enjoying it and maybe I'll check in with them to see how they got on in a few years when Hickman finishes up his first arc.

Basilisk

Manhattan projects is quite a book. It received a lot of facorable critics by "experts" and fans alike. I'm interested in at least getting the first trade, too.

And i'm gonna buy more Atomic Robo TPBs.

Yesterday, thanks to a somewhat "miraculous" price cut on Amazon.es(foreign books can be more expensive than on other Amazons), i adquired the first Complete Cases of Judge Dredd. After a loooong wait and deliberations, finally i made the step and entered at last in this world. I'm also looking forward to get the first deluxe spanish edition omnibuses of BPRD and Hellboy, edited by Norma Editorial. For appetizer, i'm gonna get the Hellboy Companion very soon.

ChickenStu

Quite looking forward to the TPB of Smallville Season 11. I'm a fan of Superman and the Smallville TV show (even though it frustrated the absolute living hell out of me sometimes). But the show ended on a nice note and I didn't feel short changed or dissapointed. It'll be interesting to see what the comic book has in store...
Ma Ma's not the law... (you know the rest)