Main Menu

Quick! Marshall Law Deluxe Edition Price mix-up on Amazon.co.uk!

Started by Ancient Otter, 13 November, 2012, 11:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Feeley Good

I've mentioned this before,i have this page of Marshal law artwork by Kevin O'Neill featuring Robocop..never seen it in print !

vark

Along with Takes Manhattan, Marshal Law vs Pinhead clearly needs to be re-coloured by Kevin O'Neill himself (The Mask/Marshal law also is not coloured by KON but by Dave Stewart, but then it's Dave Stewart).

Sad he doesn't do his colouring nowadays on the League, Kingdom of the Blind/The Hateful Dead/Super Babylon are such a feast for the eye.

vark

Quote from: SteveMillar on 21 January, 2013, 10:36:57 PM
I've mentioned this before,i have this page of Marshal law artwork by Kevin O'Neill featuring Robocop..never seen it in print !
It's taken from the SDCC comics #1 http://whatisahero.over-blog.com/article-aditional-material-1991-1993-72370487.html

Dr Feeley Good

Cheers for that Vark, never seen that before, I always thought my page must have been something he was doing for coolbeans !

vark

Don't know if that has been posted elsewhere on the Forum but Pat Mills has released the cover a few days ago:

and as a reminder and according to Pat Mills ecbt interview, here is what probably be the back cover (project cover for the omnibus when Top Shelf was the chosen publisher as seen in JDM #232):

Frank

https://api.mescontenus.orange.fr/gate/dungeonwire.php?wirecode=t7WnPDsVQ9G6hpoVjhmcvQqHILq1FKZNrCX8RDqDpTvJu

Such gorgeousness and gorgeousity. It's brilliant to see O'Neill hand colouring something again, although a decade of dialing it down for Alan Moore appears to have rendered his palette and sensibility curiously tasteful. Thanks to everyone who alerted us to this and allowed me to bag it for under a tenner. I can't wait for it to drop through the letter box.

Basilisk

So this is the cover for the tome, nice. :P

I supose the one on Amazon.co.uk is a stand-in. If i'm not wrong, it's the cover of the first comic-boook issue, at least here when it was released.

Picked mine on February 10th, for £9,97. To do the "free super saver delivery stuff", i pre-ordered another HC with it.

I seriusly hope that Amazon.co.uk, near the release/dispatching date, will not begin yo cancel all of our "discounted" Marshal Law orders. It was at £9 with some two times. The first, then up to almost £33, then, again 9 with some(i ordered it at that moment), then again almost 33, the actual price.

We had and have a lot of problems with "price errors" on Amazon.es. A lot of true massive cancellations of pre-orders or orders, because they say "flagrant pricing error". Without saying it to the customer, almost without warning. Sending the cancellation e-mail hours after it's been erased from the customer account.
Let's hope amazonUk doesn't do it. It's far more professional and serious than the .es branch.
Ah, Henry Peter Gyrich -- I should'a guessed. Tell me -- do you National Security Council Guys get a cheaper rate buyin' those sunglasses in bulk?

strontium71

Just thinking , what with this and the Nemesis books later in the year , wouldn't it be good to see Kevin back in the Prog again - even for a one-off?
...because I hate you.

Hawkmumbler

Gutted I missed out on the chance to get this on the cheap.  >:(

Frank

Quote from: strontium71 on 16 February, 2013, 11:06:07 PM
Just thinking , what with this and the Nemesis books later in the year , wouldn't it be good to see Kevin back in the Prog again - even for a one-off?

According to that Pat Mills ECBT podcast, O'Neill appears to be at a loose end right now.

sheldipez

Basilisk

And at this time, it continues to be available at that price. I seriously doubt it's an "error". It has fell down to 9,59 at least three times as i know of. Well, it's a really nice comic. I loved it when it was released here. I don't have everything so i supose this HC will have it. ¿It will have the Hellraiser crossover included too?.
Ah, Henry Peter Gyrich -- I should'a guessed. Tell me -- do you National Security Council Guys get a cheaper rate buyin' those sunglasses in bulk?

JOE SOAP