Main Menu

Current TV Boxset Addiction

Started by radiator, 20 November, 2012, 02:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pictsy

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 12 December, 2021, 09:19:15 PM
(I'm a fan of the original, natch, and controversially rank III above the others mainly because I love it being a pure chase movie).

I probably rate 3 over 2.  Just somewhat more fun.  The original is the best and it's a fine movie, but the best things about it are the effects and especially the music.  That score makes that film.

Tiplodocus

I've thoroughly enjoyed the new BBC (and partners) production of AROUND THE WORLD IN EIGHTY DAYS starring David Tennant (quite brilliant as Fogg), Ibrahim Koma as Passepartout (starting out looking like a romantic cad) and Leonie Benesch as a Journalist who is more than just along for the ride.

The Daily Mail is probably saying it's woke, liberal nonsense but I thought it was a great way to adapt and update and make a more inclusive version of a classic story that has a lot of old fashioned ideas in it. The changes, to me anyway, didn't seem forced but fitted naturally into a modern telling.

It's all good stuff and episodes in Hong Kong and the Wild West are particularly fun.  No spoilers but it doesn't end in quite the way they seemed to have been building to either.

And they even set up the sequel for our three adventurers.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Tiplodocus

Quote from: Pyroxian on 13 December, 2021, 12:39:10 AM
I've watched all 4 seasons of Camp Cretaceous and really enjoyed them - the kids can be annoying at times, but that's because they're kids, and I'm (mostly) an adult.

Season 4 is probably my least favourite so far but though it's still bonkers fun, it lacks a map and sense of geography the others had. And not enough adults get eaten so far...

Plus surely the technology to run those biomes is worth more than dinosaur making technology?

I, Cosh

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 06 January, 2022, 11:46:34 PM
I've watched all 4 seasons of Camp Cretaceous and really enjoyed them - the kids can be annoying at times, but that's because they're kids, and I'm (mostly) an adult.

Season 4 is probably my least favourite so far but though it's still bonkers fun, it lacks a map and sense of geography the others had. And not enough adults get eaten so far...

Plus surely the technology to run those biomes is worth more than dinosaur making technology?

We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Sauron makes a very compelling arguement. I mean you could probably not just cure cancer, you could wipe out malaria, stop famine all of which would be super... but dinosaurs are SOOOOO cool and lets face it will probably wipe of people anyway so you might as well skip to the end.

Barrington Boots

Best Sauron panel ever and that's no small feat.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Tiplodocus

Quote from: I, Cosh on 07 January, 2022, 07:47:00 AM
Quote from: Tiplodocus on 06 January, 2022, 11:46:34 PM

Genuine 😂😂😂😂

The Legendary Shark

Dopesick. Dramatisation of the greed-fuelled bonkersness leading to the opioid disaster in the U.S. with excellent performances from Michael Keaton and Rosario Dawson (and everyone else). Don't watch if you believe Big Pharma is on your side!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

Around the World in 80 Days. Absolutely wonderful, the best adaptation I've seen by a country mile (and fingers crossed they follow up that final hint with the same finesse...)

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Tiplodocus

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 10 January, 2022, 08:51:08 PM

Around the World in 80 Days. Absolutely wonderful, the best adaptation I've seen by a country mile (and fingers crossed they follow up that final hint with the same finesse...)

Yeah we all really enjoyed it. It's a very loose adaption but all the better for it

Tiplodocus

Detectorists on iPlayer.

It's really rather good.

Hawkmumbler

Been meaning to check that out, rather adoring the annual Worzel Gummidge specials from the same team. Just delightful, calming television drenched in folklore.

Richmond Clements

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Rara Avis

I cannot recommend Station Eleven highly enough.

https://youtu.be/RaAG-SwEa7k