Main Menu

JUDGE DREDD: IDW #1

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 21 November, 2012, 03:29:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

Issue 2 is landing soon, isnt it? This week?

Andy Smart

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 04 December, 2012, 11:44:26 AM
Ah. It never occurred to me to just go up to FP... I ordered mine online at Disposable Heroes which I won't be doing again. Never got it and never received a reply as to why!

You might want to check your order with DH. I was wondering why mine didn't arrive and it turns out I ordered #2. It seems a link was mislabeled. I've just ordered #1 again. I was pretty happy with the other stuff I got from them. Came fairly fast and was bagged and boarded and sent in solid cardboard.

CrazyFoxMachine

Well according to a VERY POORLY CONSTRUCTED e-mail last week:

" hi
this went out a while back. ill get another incase its been lost in the post
apols "

Still no sign. I'll just walk to Forbidden Planet for #2, it's only up the road! Balls to Disposable Heroes.

COMMANDO FORCES

What does the $ number mean?

Colin YNWA

There's two ways the chart is ranked. One is the straight number of copies sold. The second is the cost of those copies sold (not 100% if that's the cover price, or the price from Diamond) so cos Dredd cost $3.99 and some comics are say $2.99 it pulled in more money than some comics that actually sold more copies.

At least that's my understanding.

COMMANDO FORCES

sheldipez

Quote from: Andy Smart on 10 December, 2012, 06:24:25 PM
Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 04 December, 2012, 11:44:26 AM
Ah. It never occurred to me to just go up to FP... I ordered mine online at Disposable Heroes which I won't be doing again. Never got it and never received a reply as to why!

You might want to check your order with DH. I was wondering why mine didn't arrive and it turns out I ordered #2. It seems a link was mislabeled. I've just ordered #1 again. I was pretty happy with the other stuff I got from them. Came fairly fast and was bagged and boarded and sent in solid cardboard.

Disposable Heroes have become my go-to online retailer since the recommendation for Dredd #1. Ordered a bunch of stuff since and come through no probs. Really cheap considering they're all bagged & boarded at that cost.

Spikes

Yeah, ive used Disposable Heroes for yonks. First caught them when they was only (i think) an E-bay shop.
Only had one hiccup from them when a comic listed as being in stock, wasnt, and got an immediate refund - plus a little something extra.
Shame some boarders are having a bit of bother in regards to orders, though.

CrazyFoxMachine

...still haven't got it. Have decided to support me local comic shop and set up a standing order from #2 onwards.

COMMANDO FORCES

I had no problem with Disposable Heroes but then again I did only order their variant!

CrazyFoxMachine

I've finally got it - they re-sent it out and it was the variant cover (their one) which I didn't order bless 'em. All is forgiven, but I'm still going to go get a standing order at me local comic shop I think.

Haven't read it yet - my lass though the sheer quantity of variant covers available was hilarious. I said "That's how IDW make money" and she laughed and laughed and laughed.

moly

Got this today and enjoyed it, thought the artwork was good and actually enjoyed the second story more

COMMANDO FORCES

The review from Comic Heroes is in

For now, though, it's just funny citizens and goofy future tech, uninterestingly rendered by the two artists here.
There's room for things to get better, for sure, but the results so far are a bit 'meh', and the deliberate refusal to do the one thing 2000 AD can't - tell a single sweeping 22-page tale - seems almost wilfully dumb.

There was some other words but I'm in a hurry, so you'll have to buy your own copy ;)

By the way, it gets 2.5 out if 5

COMMANDO FORCES

Picked up another two covers today. The ones from LARRYS COMICS finally turned up. That's me done with these covers as far as I'm concerned. Some shops didn't even want to get back to a potential buyer, which is rather funny in this financial climate ::)

Link Prime