Main Menu

SPOILERS: Prog 1812 sneak peek

Started by Trout, 29 November, 2012, 12:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout

Has anyone else had the latest Thrillmail from Tharg? It contains a panel (possibly a page) from prog 1812 - [spoiler]"a glimpse of the incredible artwork from Carl Critchlow".[/spoiler]

So that suggests to me there will be [spoiler]just one artist throughout. It already looked likely that it would be one strip, so that explains how they will merge.[/spoiler] Also, it looks gorgeous.

Full email text here:
[spoiler]Over the past weeks, readers have been stunned by the brilliance of Al Ewing, Simon Spurrier, and Rob Williams' intertwining storylines in Judge Dredd, The Simping Detective, and Low Life.

Now, Trifecta, the city-shattering conclusion to this
trio of Thrills comes to next week's 2000 AD! And here, exclusively for newsletter readers, is a glimpse of the incredible artwork from Carl Critchlow.

Be sure not to miss the thrilling end to this awesome storyline, as Dredd's world - already shaken by the events of the Day of Chaos - is shaken afresh by the nefarious plans of sinister Judge Bachmann.[/spoiler]

I reckon that if you want to see the image you should be signing up to Tharg's mailing list.

- Trout

ming

I'm still waiting for my Prog 1808 to show up (Denise has re-sent it due to a no-show subs copy) and twiddling my thumbs until I can read that and the Progs since then is driving me nuts.  That Thrill-Mail, and seeing the sublime D'Israeli wraparound cover really didn't help matters (still waiting for that Prog as well).

Gaah!

James Stacey

Careful how you go Ming. You risk blowing some thrill buffers on this one.

I, Cosh

I got the mail but that one image wouldn't load properly! Looking forward to seeing Critchlow again. He's an artist who's gone from being someone whose Dredd I really disliked (Big Deal at Drekk City) to one I love (the Tour of Duty era stuff) and it's been far too long since he's been in the Prog.
We never really die.

radiator

vark

Receive prog 1812 today !!!??? (but haven't received prog #1811)and yes, all was advertised is true

Trout

Quote from: vark on 29 November, 2012, 01:29:48 PM
Receive prog 1812 today !!!??? (but haven't received prog #1811)and yes, all was advertised is true

This isn't the prog review thread. It's a "sneak peek" at the prog. I haven't got the prog and I would expect the first person who reads it will start a new thread to review it.

I, Cosh

Quote from: radiator on 29 November, 2012, 01:18:18 PM
Big Deal... was Cam Kennedy.
Whoops. I did, of course, mean Cincinnati. These Cursed Earth settlements all blend into one after a while...
We never really die.

zombemybabynow

Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

Trout

Link Prime

Quote from: zombemybabynow on 29 November, 2012, 01:46:32 PM
image please?

Bleefingcool are running a promo piece for it, with Carl Critchlow art.

ming

My Prog 1812 arrived today (overseas sub!)...

However, 1811 didn't show up yet.  Neither did 1808.  So I can't read it.  Or 1809 or 1810... Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!  Help! 

Denise has sent another copy of 1808 out but now it looks like I'll have to ask for a replacement 1811 as well.  AWOL Progs are a rarity (one a year, if that) but the timing of these absentee issues is a bit frustrating.

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

nicklarr

same here ... prog 1812 in the post today here in Sweden..!!

but 1811 didn't show yet - so can't read it either!!

should have got 1811 monday this week and 1812 on monday next week.. strange!??
Frustrating to say the least! (yeah Ming - why now? whyyy??!)  :lol:

Vark: are you an overseas subscriber too? Bit of a coincidence, right..?

Do any UK subbers got their 1812 yet?

Batman's Superior Cousin

Hopefully I'll have it in my grubby hands tomorrow!!!!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night