Main Menu

Dredd:Blu Ray review

Started by chuffsteruk, 18 December, 2012, 09:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Quote from: Something Fishy on 14 January, 2013, 08:52:35 PM
Hope not on both. Still at least there is scope if it sees good sales for more stock to roll out.

Should be a word of mouth seller this.

Never say die!

Something Fishy

I think history will judge it a great film that sadly rode the 3d bubble just as it burst but that hopefully became a cult and sold well at home.

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Quote from: Something Fishy on 14 January, 2013, 08:58:05 PM
I think history will judge it a great film that sadly rode the 3d bubble just as it burst but that hopefully became a cult and sold well at home.

Yeah, I think it's inarguable that the film underperformed its reviews, and will be fondly remembered by most of those who saw it. Blu-Ray/DVD sales should be decent, but probably not spectacular.

vzzbux

Dredd 3D flying off the shelves in HMV Leicester according to the Tiller today.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Goaty

Someone post it in Dredd IMDB messageboard

Weird. My HMV had it for £12.99 (Blu-ray). When I went past after work, all the Blu-rays and half the DVD's were gone (Lawless's shelves were pretty much unchanged).

Buttonman

Who-hoo - Tharg'll be in a new tracksuit by the weekend!

hazy efc

I got one of the last few blu rays at my local tesco i got home and my blu ray player
went and died on me NOOOOOOOOO lol

COMMANDO FORCES

I saw someone selling the disc on eBay and it had the Judged Gangs M on the disc itself. Anyone know if this is the Oz disc itself, as it looks way better than ours!

junox

yeah this megacity masters clip we didnt get that came with American bluray ,think i found a section online  here

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Exclusive-Dredd-Blu-ray-Bonus-Clip-Explores-Judge-Dredd-Comic-Roots-34967.html

Steve Green

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 15 January, 2013, 12:27:44 AM
I saw someone selling the disc on eBay and it had the Judged Gangs M on the disc itself. Anyone know if this is the Oz disc itself, as it looks way better than ours!

Could be a preview copy, maybe they're pressed just sitting in warehouses?

radiator

My copy just arrived.

Wow - did someone at Entertainment in Video let their 11 year old nephew do the graphics, photoshopping and copywriting on this release? The copy on the back reads like something that's been through Google Translate and back.

A shame. Hope it gets the Blu Ray treatment it deserves somewhere down the line.

Beaker

Got mine via Sainsburys yesterday as I had a code bringing it down to £10.49.

The sleeve is pretty awful, a shame about the extras being rather sparse (no trailer!) and the picture quality is quite ropey. It looks grainy, but not actual film grain that is apparent on some Blu Rays almost like a sort of grainy blurring at times. It all looks a bit VHS to me.

I am watching on good old 2d as I don't have (or want) a 3d TV, so maybe that's something to do with it.

Most odd.

Still, if this is all the Dredd we get I'll still watch it until it wears out
"I've got 'em.....I just ain't scratching!'

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: radiator on 15 January, 2013, 11:08:38 AM
The copy on the back reads like something that's been through Google Translate and back.

Agreed -- assuming it's the same as the DVD I got today, the copywriting on the back cover blurb is an absolute disgrace.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Banners

"Our two judges" is delightfully parochial.

Goaty

That would be Entertainment in Video, worst DVD UK Distributor ever! 8 in 10 of their DVDs lack of subtitles!