Main Menu

Pets corner

Started by strontium71, 21 January, 2013, 10:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie boy

Quote from: TordelBack on 27 May, 2014, 01:08:41 PM
Well, it's done.  Tá mo chroí briste.
Just had to have that translated mate; are you saying you, you know...?

Mattofthespurs

Sorry to hear that Tordel.  :(

Dandontdare

mogzilla

sorry for your loss tordles :'(
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.

CrazyFoxMachine

Sorry for your dogloss TB :( Hope the kids don't take it too hard...

...he sounds like he had a grand life and was loved up til the end and that is a fine and wonderful thing to hold onto.

Thoughts out to you and yours sir.

Jim_Campbell

This thread makes me sad. Boo to non-immortal pets, I say.

*Sniff* What? Fuck off — there's something in my eye.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

ZenArcade

Sad news on the puppydog Tordel, he'd everything a dog needs and that's well done. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

TordelBack

Thanks for the thoughts, lads.  All very miserable here, but it was peaceful and stress-free for the fellow himself, and way better than any alternative.  We should all be so lucky when it's our turn.

Charlie boy

Quote from: TordelBack on 27 May, 2014, 07:41:15 PM
Thanks for the thoughts, lads.  All very miserable here, but it was peaceful and stress-free for the fellow himself, and way better than any alternative.  We should all be so lucky when it's our turn.
Sorry to hear that, pal. Your post came right after the picture of a board member's new feline and I'll be honest; I was hoping you were just being poetic in describing how the cat made you feel on seeing it. If anything, I hope this admission of my wondering if you were some great raconteur will make you feel a little better.

Link Prime

The thread that veers from smile inducing to upper lip stiffening at the drop of a hat.
I dare never risk opening it again!

PS- sorry to hear about that TB & Charlie.

Colin YNWA

Yeah sorry to hear all the harsh pet news. Arh if they weren't so chuffin' fantastic it wouldn't be so hard when it has to be.

Thoughts with Tordelback and good luck Charlie boy

Charlie boy

Thanks, LP. Took Poppy the vets this afternoon to be told her leg problem is nerve paralysis which could be just she's old and she's knocked it and it'll sort itself or she's old and it's bone cancer. They can't really look into this though until the confirmed thyroid problem is sorted (heartbeat of 200+ beats a minute which isn't right in itself). The thyroid medication she now has will either help her right out or, because she's old and her kidney's have shrank, have her body wonder why her high blood pressure is lowering and cause her health to deteriorate.
Reading over this I'm wondering if I made the right choice by going with the medication instead of the other option but with her being fine (just old) until her leg started playing up only days ago, I didn't want to do something like that when there's still a chance she can bounce right back.

Charlie boy

Thanks Colin; wasn't being rude, just spent a surprising amount of time on that last post.

Hawkmumbler

Gawd, having lost a pooch before now I understand completely how painful it is to say good bye. They are our friends, more so than many humans can be. Farewell, Tordelpooch and Charlie hound.

mogzilla

last night ,merlin decided to bark at a dog he could hear outside and promptly fell off the bed ,alllast night he was just stood still and wouldn't walk and cried if we picked him up ,I was worried all night and ended up sitting up with him all night he was still feeling dodgy today but we didn't think he's done anything other than pulled something as he was still walking and was happy to go for a littlewalk for one of his cock-leg poos .I managed to grab a couple of hours sleep this afternoon and thankfully he.s well on the mend barking at seagulls a mile up and doing his "happy feet" dance ,still not as bouncy as he is normally nut I'm sure he'll be back on the back of the sofa barking at passers by tomorrow. :D
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.