Main Menu

Subscriber problems?

Started by ming, 22 January, 2013, 10:44:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DW2012

Haven't had any problems in Cambs (I was going to say that I hadn't had 'any issues' but thought that might be confusing).

Mattofthespurs

Yep, can confirm that despite shed loads of snow I've had not problems in Cambridgshire too.

Had one no turn up on a Saturday a few weeks back but it arrived safe and sound the following Monday.

Been regular as clockwork for months.

hippynumber1

And just to reiterate what I've just said elsewhere: I don't care what it (new subs announcement) is as long as I get my prog at the same time as everyone else! Finally had mine TODAY. FFS. I've had ONE prog arrive this year, every other week I've had to phone Denise for a replacement... I'm now seriously considering binning my sub and just buying from a local WHSmith...

IndigoPrime

@hippynumber1: Sounds more like you need to have a chat with Royal Mail more than anything else. If that much mail is going missing, something's wrong.

Hawkmumbler

Can't blame the postie if he thinks you have good taste in literature. :lol:
Might still have sticky fingers from his morning barm and doesn't want you to have a damaged good. ;)

Buttonman

The updating the sub thing is becoming a chore. The letter says there will be a name and password on the carriage sheet  but there isn't. I tried to log in as me but it says I don't have a sub despite the sub copy and letter being in my hands. Not something that's going to take up my lazy weekend.

hippynumber1

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 02 February, 2013, 12:26:01 PM
@hippynumber1: Sounds more like you need to have a chat with Royal Mail more than anything else. If that much mail is going missing, something's wrong.

I'd love to agree but my postie (and the people in my local sorting office) is/are a superstar(s) - this doesn't preclude my sub going missing before it gets to this end of course. All of my mail, including my replacement progs that Denise sends, arrives without fail which makes me suspect that the problem is at the printer's end of the chain.

Good news though, this week's prog arrived this morning!  :D

Spaceghost

Quote from: Buttonman on 02 February, 2013, 12:55:24 PM
The updating the sub thing is becoming a chore. The letter says there will be a name and password on the carriage sheet  but there isn't. I tried to log in as me but it says I don't have a sub despite the sub copy and letter being in my hands. Not something that's going to take up my lazy weekend.

Same here. No password on subs sheet. Rubbish.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Buttonman

I got mine to work - problem was it is the wife who is the subscriber not me despite my name being on the sub delivered each week. She pays it as my birthday each year so it was the sub number and her password it needed. Got me a mug and a book 50% off for my troubles!

Dandontdare

well I was delighted to come home today to find a prog and Meg combo on the doormat. "oooh", I thought "they've not only come early, they've gone back to the old white envelopes".

When I opened them however, it turned out to be Prog 1759 and Meg 1317 - from Nov/Dec 2011!

I assume I ordered replacements from Denise, I guess thesemust  have been behind a cupboard at the sorting office for the last 16 months!  ::)

ming

With 31 Progs left on my subscription (Prog & Meg) I was surprised to get a subscription renewal letter yesterday... Do they usually come that far in advance?  Also, checking the status of my account via the online shop I see a warning that my sub has expired, with zero months left...  Weird.  Anyone else have any similar problems lately?

UncleBaal

Yeah I got the same thing today but I only renewed my sub in March...and they gave me the 50% thing then so I presume it worked!

blixab

Got the same letter and mine expires with Prog 1856 so a good while away yet!!

Dan Banks

I'm not having these problems exactly but I am having subscriber problems, my first late prog in fact. Should have arrived Saturday but still no sign of it. Who do I contact to see what's what gents?

ming

A quick call to Denise will sort you out...

Phone number's at the bottom of the subs page: http://shop.2000adonline.com/categories/subscriptions