Main Menu

Prog 1818

Started by blixab, 02 February, 2013, 11:26:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mabs

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 03 February, 2013, 06:49:48 AM
Interesting to hear that there was at least, stuff that was done two years ago waiting for a home. I wonder how much more Pre DoC stuff is waiting to be retro fitted into post DoC? Does seem to confirm some suspicions in these parts that that's happened on other strips.

Very nice of Mr Roach to pop by and say hi.

I concur! Very nice indeed. Which in a way, sets this forum apart from any that i have encountered thus far (or in my lifetime!).
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

moly

Really enjoyed dredd this week and loved the art mr roach you can definely draw a women :)

I, Cosh

Quote from: artdroid Roach on 02 February, 2013, 11:40:20 PM
Thank you so much. I don't have any Dredd's on my drawing board right now since I'm up to my eyes in Dr Who but I hope to have some free time soon and I'd dearly love to draw some more, if they still want me ( I live in hope!)
You mean Tharg still hasn't sent you my pitch for Cassandra & Purity: The College Years?! Unbelievable.

I'll echo the general consensus. This was an enjoyable Dredd of the daft sort we don't see too much of these days.

Most other stories were unchanged, but I enjoyed this week's Ampney a lot more than the past few. It also helped some previous elements make more sense when I realised I'd been pronouncing Babbagists the wrong way (with a hard G sound, as if they were relatives of Baba Yaga.)
We never really die.

Tjm86

Quote from: moly on 03 February, 2013, 09:07:40 AM
Really enjoyed dredd this week and loved the art mr roach you can definely draw a women :)

<pedant> or a womAn? </pedant>

Have to admit Dredd was the best for me in the prog this week.  Nice tongue in cheek stuff, nothing too heavy.  Rest of the prog was a bit mediocre. 

Fisticuffs

Dredd was ace, three genuine laugh out loud moments (loved the sign) and great art. Muchos enjoyment!

Strontium Dog is finally beginning to push my buttons, but as for rest I won't be sad to see them go. The dialogue in Savage in particular is very funny (but not in a good way).

Eamonn Clarke

Dredd : lovely art, great to catch the Captain Beefheart references, quite liked the monster of the week story but it does feel like we're waiting for either Mr Wagner or Mr Ewing to step back into the room

artdroid Roach

Quote from: Mabs on 03 February, 2013, 07:39:04 AM
Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 03 February, 2013, 06:49:48 AM
Interesting to hear that there was at least, stuff that was done two years ago waiting for a home. I wonder how much more Pre DoC stuff is waiting to be retro fitted into post DoC? Does seem to confirm some suspicions in these parts that that's happened on other strips.

Very nice of Mr Roach to pop by and say hi.

I concur! Very nice indeed. Which in a way, sets this forum apart from any that i have encountered thus far (or in my lifetime!).
Well, in a way I'm still as much a fan as anyone writing here. I bought prog 1 when it first came out and am still a pretty obsessive comic fan... I just happen to draw them for a living too.

artdroid Roach

Quote from: moly on 03 February, 2013, 09:07:40 AM
Thank you very much earthlett.

artdroid Roach

Quote from: The Cosh on 03 February, 2013, 02:47:34 PM
Thank you so much. I don't have any Dredd's on my drawing board right now since I'm up to my eyes in Dr Who but I hope to have some free time soon and I'd dearly love to draw some more, if they still want me ( I live in hope!)
You mean Tharg still hasn't sent you my pitch for Cassandra & Purity: The College Years?! Unbelievable.

I'll echo the general consensus. This was an enjoyable Dredd of the daft sort we don't see too much of these days.

Most other stories were unchanged, but I enjoyed this week's Ampney a lot more than the past few. It also helped some previous elements make more sense when I realised I'd been pronouncing Babbagists the wrong way (with a hard G sound, as if they were relatives of Baba Yaga.)
Sshh.... the Cassandra/Purity cross-over is meant to be top secret....

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: artdroid Roach on 03 February, 2013, 10:45:46 PM
Quote from: The Cosh on 03 February, 2013, 02:47:34 PM

Sshh.... the Cassandra/Purity cross-over is meant to be top secret....
You can't pull the wool over our eyes twice man!

artdroid Roach

Quote from: Fisticuffs on 03 February, 2013, 06:15:39 PM
Dredd was ace, three genuine laugh out loud moments (loved the sign) and great art. Muchos enjoyment!

Strontium Dog is finally beginning to push my buttons, but as for rest I won't be sad to see them go. The dialogue in Savage in particular is very funny (but not in a good way).
Another big thank you sir!

artdroid Roach

Quote from: eamonn1961 on 03 February, 2013, 07:26:25 PM
Dredd : lovely art, great to catch the Captain Beefheart references, quite liked the monster of the week story but it does feel like we're waiting for either Mr Wagner or Mr Ewing to step back into the room
Why thank you. Did you catch the Beefheart reference in my Tales From The Dark Museuem strip a few months back too? I often slip Zappa or Beefheart references in my strips if you look closely.....

Proudhuff

Glad the Subby-thing ISN'T what some thought last weeek  ::)

A rather pedestrian cover given the thrill of the action

Dredd: really does feel this is from the last decade or a Tales of Tetofhfouie (or whatever it was called), I know its a bit of comic fluff but would Old Stoney-pus cut the branch he was sitting on?No. perhaps the hand that feeds him but not the foot he was holding on to? has the ineptitude that infects the Red Shirt Judges finally got to Dredd?  Enjoyed the artwork but the arrival of the Dragon confused me slightly and took a double take to get it, silly old Huff.

Savage: can't get passed that bunker design : no concrete barrier on its approaches, or those spiky snaking things, there's more, but I'm worring about obsessing now  :-X

Aphmey Crucius : this was my favorite thrill, artwork and story working hand in hand, a good bit of basil with out clunky clangers and a BF explosion!

Red Knees: First panel:How easy would it been to form those zombies into a triangle? sorry I'm off again,
Heading towards the final showdown then its back to the Jolly Cripple then bed.

SD: looking forward to this finale, hope its not one mighty bound...

DDT did a job on me

strontium71

I'm still confused - I subscribe but have never used the online shop - I used to just phone the Den-153 bot up. It says look for the password on the back of the sheet but mine is blank. Am I missing something? I have the subscriber number obviously...
...because I hate you.

Molch-R

Check the FAQ in the announcements section of this forum, Earthlet.