Main Menu

2000 AD's Judge Dredd or Twisted Metals Sweet Tooth

Started by Gehenna, 02 March, 2013, 08:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gehenna

This is sort of a Judge Dredd question but more of a hypothetical question really. Introducing our combatants!

You all know Judge Dredd, the near un-corruptible and immovable object with genetically powered strength, powerful guns and a near religious conviction for law and order. This champion of stagnation has faced countless foes from the supernatural to the aberrational. Highly experienced and highly decorated for his ability to look death right in the face and spit at the abyss that looks back. He is respected by nearly every Judge in Omega City 1 and when he talks all listens. Nearly close to that of a commander and chief.

This agent of order. The true pinnacle of stability in a apocalyptic setting.

But, now, let us introduce the unstoppable force. Hopefully all of you know the driver Sweet Tooth.

The Twisted Metal contestant who, even after his death, seems to refuse to die. Driven by a near supernatural blood lust. A depraved desire for chaos and destruction that, when compared to the concern of lives of innocent others, becomes inconsequential. Armed with his machete, junkyard transformer car, plus his extremely large gang of clowns who hail him to a near god-like status. This foe is truly an adversary any enemy should be concerned with.

Now the question. Who would win in a clash of these two titans!? The indomitably powerful and unflinching Judge Dredd? Or the horrifyingly deranged and sadistic Sweet Tooth?

Emp

I hate to use this term....but, on a site dedicated to 2000ad and DREDD.....REALLY?

Really?

Dredd who has faced down dinosaurs, super powered mutants, assassins and Judges from another dimension....who are, shock horror...DEAD!!!....and yer askin if he could take out a fucking dead clown?

Well i think the answer is yes....and very quickly.

Oh, and it's Mega City.

TordelBack

Joe Dredd versus some fat Simp who's already on fire.  Fight of the century.

Also, "Genetically powered strength"?  As opposed to...?

Banners

That has to be the most ludicrous and most magnificent first post ever. A messageboard masterpiece!

Emp

[quote

[/quote]

Non GM strength?

hippynumber1

Quote from: Gehenna on 02 March, 2013, 08:46:55 PM
Who would win in a clash of these two titans!? The indomitably powerful and unflinching Judge Dredd? Or the horrifyingly deranged and sadistic Sweet Tooth?

Who'd ya think!? Sheeesh!

Emp

I thought plans were in place to stop Kook cube inmates getting into general population!

Karl Stephan

Pffft! Dredd would set the cadets on this guy and his clown posse as part of their hotdog run.

Emp

Nice thinking Sparkonaut....but i think year 5's could handle it.......its a clown ffs!

Gehenna

Quote from: Emp on 02 March, 2013, 09:20:23 PM
I hate to use this term....but, on a site dedicated to 2000ad and DREDD.....REALLY?

Really?

Dredd who has faced down dinosaurs, super powered mutants, assassins and Judges from another dimension....who are, shock horror...DEAD!!!....and yer askin if he could take out a fucking dead clown?

Well i think the answer is yes....and very quickly.

Oh, and it's Mega City.

My apologies to all, revising the typos. I was merely curious, they seemed like the perfect match for each other in my opinion. I had also asked this from the Twisted Metal people. They say Judge Dredd would be "gut like a pig" if Sweet Tooth had ever crossed his path. Merely asking opinions I apologize if I stepped on any toes.

JayzusB.Christ

QuoteMerely asking opinions I apologize if I stepped on any toes.

I don't think you need to apologise - I doubt anyone was offended, and if they were they would really need to bake themselves a big chill-cake.

But there was only ever going to be one answer to your question, in fairness, and it wasn't going to be the burning clown in the bondage gear.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Gehenna

Quote from: TordelBack on 02 March, 2013, 09:55:27 PM
Joe Dredd versus some fat Simp who's already on fire.  Fight of the century.

First. I apologize in any way if I were incorrect in assuming Judge Dredd was bred to be a supersoldier(?)
I was under the impression (from what I only know from a movie played by Sylvester Stallone) that he was meant to be the perfect Judge. (I have not had the pleasure of reading an official comic as of yet.)

Second. To answer your question. Perhaps that giant mech Sweet Tooth rides? Or perhaps the clowns unending drive for blood? Seeing the fact that he has the unnatural trait of catching his head on fire and not dying instantly only leads me to deduce he may have power equivalent to a pyrokinetic(?)

Emp

Like JayzusB.Christ said....you were always going to get one answer here.

A look through the scalps Dredd has taken would show that the man in the helmet always comes out on top!

Emp

Ah ...well now we can see where it all went wrong.....in a word ,,Stallone!

Definitely Not Mister Pops

This is just like any other hypothetical fictional showdown, like the Hulk Vs. Superman and so forth, and the answer is the same. It depends on who's writing and what would make the better story. In this case I don't think Dredd getting murdered by a fairly generic horror-clown would be too interesting, and Dredd taking down Bonzo the undead children's entertainer would be a five-page-filler at best.
You may quote me on that.