Main Menu

Requiem Vampire Knight volume 6

Started by Richard, 26 March, 2013, 03:20:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere already, but does anyone know when -- or even if -- the next English book of Requiem is being published? (Preferably by Panini but otherwise any other version of where Panini left off.) Or has it been cancelled?

I, Cosh

As far as I can tell, the last volume got us bang up to date with the original French editions and there's only been one more story published since which still hasn't appeared in translation in Heavy Metal. Based on that, I'm happy to make a totally random guess at it being another 18 months or more before we'll see another Panini collection.
We never really die.

vark

Quote from: The Cosh on 26 March, 2013, 03:34:17 PM
As far as I can tell, the last volume got us bang up to date with the original French editions and there's only been one more story published since which still hasn't appeared in translation in Heavy Metal. Based on that, I'm happy to make a totally random guess at it being another 18 months or more before we'll see another Panini collection.
Good guess in my opinion (note that Olivier Ledroit is working on another project while working on Requiem which was not the case for earlier volume)

Richard

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Pat Mills talks about this on his ECBT 2000AD podcast interview.

I think he said it's going to be year until book 12 is out in France, and so we're not going to get anything until some point after that.

In other words, The Cosh is probably right.

nuffsaid

Is there simply not intrest in publishing Claudia Chevalier Vampire collected in English translation?

Ancient Otter

Quote from: nuffsaid on 10 April, 2013, 08:18:00 PM
Is there simply not intrest in publishing Claudia Chevalier Vampire collected in English translation?

I think Pat Mills mentioned in one of his ECBT 2000AD that Claudia Vampire Knight is more racy than Requiem, so English publishers are more hesitant to pick it up for release.