Main Menu

World Book night

Started by thejudgemuffin, 12 April, 2013, 11:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejudgemuffin

So, lucky enough to be chosen to give out the dark judges on world book night and I am looking for inspiration on how to do it and where.

What age range should I be aiming at?
Man/Woman/Child?
Hospitals/job Centres/People in street etc?
People who don't read or people I know will latch onto it?
and any special things you would do to make it truly memorable/special...

I want to do my best and am worried of overthinking it but it can be quite unnerving walking up to a stranger with a book in your hand...

Squaxx I call on you.....Heeeellllpppppppp   (please x)

Mattofthespurs

I applied but sadly I was not chosen.
I had planned to take them in to my Son's junior school and hand them out there.
As I read the original stories as a 10 year old I could think of nothing better than getting another bunch of 10 year olds on board with Dredd.
Don't know if that helps.

hippynumber1

I teach English Lit at a Sixth Form College and have been chosen to be a giver this year - so, I shall be targetting 16 - 19 year old boys (mostly) who think reading is boring (and I have one reserved for CF)!

COMMANDO FORCES

Hurrah for the 2000 AD Forum and the Mighty hippynumber1

hippynumber1

dweezil2

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 13 April, 2013, 07:17:29 AM
I teach English Lit at a Sixth Form College and have been chosen to be a giver this year - so, I shall be targetting 16 - 19 year old boys (mostly) who think reading is boring (and I have one reserved for CF)!

Cor!

Can you reserve one for me too please?   ;)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

hippynumber1

Too late, they went like hot-cakes yesterday! Looking forward to seeing them being read in corridors today...  :D

Rex Banner

I have a few left. If you want one send an email with your address to: rexbanner.worldbooknight@gmail.com

COMMANDO FORCES

This place is truly a shining light in a sometimes dark world :thumbsup: