Main Menu

Mega-City Masters - 35 Years of Judge Dredd

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 21 April, 2013, 01:29:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

It seems that someone has decided to help out those that only bought the Brit disc of Dredd!

I suppose it may get pulled, so watch it now!

Frank

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 21 April, 2013, 01:29:05 PM
It seems that someone has decided to help out those that only bought the Brit disc of Dredd!

Cheers, John; you're a gent. Mark Millar was refreshingly honest about his place in the scheme of things and the heights hit by his work on the strip, wasn't he? The vast majority of discs the Dredd film will sell here or abroad have already been sold, so I don't know how sure I am that anyone will bother to force Youtube to pull what's basically free advertising for the comic. All the same, it sure is a pity no-one's able to save a copy of that for themselves, just in case.

Spikes

Great to see that. Shame that it wasnt included, along with the motion comic, on the UK disc.

JOE SOAP

After nearly 4 months, and its contemporaneous competition long since vanished, DREDD is still floating round the UK Blu-Ray Top 10:

Blu-ray Top 10 Sales Chart

You'd think the distributor E.I.V. (info@entertainment-films.co.uk) would sit up and release a steelbook with any extras they could lay their hands on.

Spikes

Thats gratifying that its still selling so well.
Regarding a steelbook/special edition for Dredd; Well, stranger things have happened. Recent films often get a steelbook release a good while after first hitting the stores.

And i take it that that e-mail is to their sales department or some such?  Point being to send a polite message asking for this to happen..

JOE SOAP

E.I.V. don't do steelbooks. Doesn't mean they can't.

radiator

Even the most recent Universal Soldier got a steelbook!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: radiator on 21 April, 2013, 03:34:06 PM
Even the most recent Universal Soldier got a steelbook!

And was proportionally a greater financial flop.

Steven Sterlacchini

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 21 April, 2013, 03:14:02 PM
After nearly 4 months, and its contemporaneous competition long since vanished, DREDD is still floating round the UK Blu-Ray Top 10:
Blu-ray Top 10 Sales Chart
You'd think the distributor E.I.V. (info@entertainment-films.co.uk) would sit up and release a steelbook with any extras they could lay their hands on.

That is an impressive stat.

Spikes

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 21 April, 2013, 03:30:35 PM
E.I.V. don't do steelbooks. Doesn't mean they can't.

True, and many smaller scale distributor's often do release steelbooks, so i dont see why EIV cant follow suit. If not a steelbook, then a special edition release would be nice.
The LotR's films saw multiple releases on DVD (some quite snazzy indeed) - they was released by EIV, wasnt they?
But of course, those films were smashes.

Still, i suspect the UK BluRay is not going to be expanded upon. Be nice to be proved wrong, though.

Cookyman

Thanks for posting the link been looking forward to seeing that.
Choc chip goodness.

Stu101

Cheers for the post. Nice little watch.
Why wasn't that included on the uk release? it's not as if it was crammed with extra features.

M.I.K.

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 21 April, 2013, 01:29:05 PM

That someone is the director of photography for all the 'making of' segments, so it'll probably be safe.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Yeah, go dredd! I actually thought while I was watching that it was from that new doc. Great clip.

shaolin_monkey

That was really good, although we've seen that Wagner clip in at least two of the other extras.

I was bemused by Mark Millars comments.  Maybe I have rosetinted specs, or can't remember the episodes he wrote.  Can someone name a few of the Dredd stories he did please, so I can go back and have a re-read?