Main Menu

"In the public eye"

Started by Emp, 01 May, 2013, 11:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emp

I have always liked the idea that any figure in the public eye is judged more harshly than the average citizen in Dredd. The idea being that anyone who is even remotely a "role model" can thenfore be a role model for justice.

For years the punishment for "celebs" has always been reduced due to their claim of the "charidy" work. In these days of Saville etc, does that arguement still stand up? Or should we embrace the ideas of Justice Department and look at longer(was going to say stiffer,but given the recent crimes .....) sentences for celebs who break the law?

Noisybast

More worryingly, given the rate at which faded 70s celebrities are getting their collars felt, is Mega-City One going to have to start looking for a better naming system for its blocks?
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Steve Green

Well since there has been an Adolf Hitler block I doubt it will be a factor...

bluemeanie

As long as the creche facilities in Jimmy Saville block are closely monitored I'm sure it'll be fine

U.S.S.R

I don't think celebs should necessarily be punished more than the 'average Joe' as it's hardy fair. BUT, they should never get lenient punishment due to their position, no matter who they are
Gays into the Fist of Dredd!