Main Menu

D.I.C.E. 2013

Started by Link Prime, 10 May, 2013, 04:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aonghus

I only got to go to the Sunday myself, but it was a lot of fun! A nice.expo in general, and the Tooth panel was good craic; a silly natter, peppered with Molch-R blithely flinging pre-release trades into the audience. Just what I'd hoped for. I'm just sorry I didn't have the confidence to say hi to any of the droids at the main hall-would've very much liked one of pj's sketches...

Link Prime

Quote from: Aonghus on 01 October, 2013, 12:08:24 AM
I'm just sorry I didn't have the confidence to say hi to any of the droids at the main hall-would've very much liked one of pj's sketches...

Ye shouldn't have let that stop you Aonghus- any creator I met (from Tharg's stable or otherwise) was genuinely very nice.

I'll try that Greg Capullo pic again- if any kind mod wants to remove the dodgy one from yesterday, please go ahead.

pauljholden

Quote from: Aonghus on 01 October, 2013, 12:08:24 AM
I only got to go to the Sunday myself, but it was a lot of fun! A nice.expo in general, and the Tooth panel was good craic; a silly natter, peppered with Molch-R blithely flinging pre-release trades into the audience. Just what I'd hoped for. I'm just sorry I didn't have the confidence to say hi to any of the droids at the main hall-would've very much liked one of pj's sketches...

I don't bite. (Especially if you're willing to pay me money.)

As a conciliation prize, if you're still after a sketch, I'll happily do one final water colour at the DICE price (plus postage)...

Cus they're going up for London next week!

-pj

COMMANDO FORCES

Now there's an offer you can't refuse, get in and order an amazing sketch.

Hang on a second Mr PJ, going up for London next week. It seems the Judges will be sorting you out for definite!

pauljholden

It's LAHNDAHN INNIT.

(Also: I'm pretty sure they've been too cheap... )

Link Prime

Quote from: pauljholden on 01 October, 2013, 02:22:04 PM

(Also: I'm pretty sure they've been too cheap... )

Compared to what Matteo Scalera was charging- yes they were!
I was delighted with how mine turned out anyway PJ- you could have named your price.

Speaking of a man who could name his price; here's a pic of me & the very talented Scott Snyder (with Capullo skulking to the side).

And yes, it's already been pointed out to me that I could be related to Snyder.
Perhaps if I had a child with Michael Shannon  :lol:

pauljholden

QuoteI was delighted with how mine turned out anyway PJ- you could have named your price.

This information is TOO BLOODY LATE!

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Only made it up for a few hours on Saturday afternoon, so i didn't have the time to join the queue to get a Scott Snyder or Greg Capullo signature. I did however get to have a good chat to most of the droids there, which was fantastic and I found out some interesting information regarding several upcoming 2000AD stories.
It was also great to meet Link Prime and put a face to the name. I only got a couple of sketches this year, but it was definitely worth the trip up.

That Mars Attacks Judge Dredd page is fantastic, as were all his other pages.

Aonghus

Quote from: pauljholden on 01 October, 2013, 11:40:35 AM
I don't bite. (Especially if you're willing to pay me money.)

As a conciliation prize, if you're still after a sketch, I'll happily do one final water colour at the DICE price (plus postage)...

Cus they're going up for London next week!

-pj

That's too kind of you PJ :D I'll PM you now.

Link Prime

Quote from: Gavin_Leahy_Block on 01 October, 2013, 11:54:19 PM
It was also great to meet Link Prime and put a face to the name.

Good meeting you too man, hope the train home wasn't too much hassle.
Lets have a look at those sketches!

Gavin_Leahy_Block

A troggie by PJ Holden

Johnny Alpha by Stephen Downey

Link Prime

Really like the Troggie sketch- PJ's made them his own since The Forsaken.

Mike Carroll

Video of the 2000AD panel at D.I.C.E., with Mike Molcher, PJ Holden, John McCrea, Simon Spurrier and me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW7mS0HGxLE

COMMANDO FORCES

Very enjoyable and I love the Free comic torture for Mike, well done PJ :lol:

Link Prime

Far too early for a DICE 2014 thread, BUT I did hear some rumours flying around that Simon Bisley and Clint Langley will be attending this year...