Main Menu

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 12 May, 2013, 10:57:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

You could be right, Bolt-01.

Keef Monkey

I avoided this thread because I was typically a couple of weeks behind on the show, but the way it found its feet and tied into Winter Soldier in very, very cool and surprising ways was great telly.

The finale was great too, I know a lot of people who ditched this mid-season which is a shame because it really came together.

Goaty

I agree with Keef, lucky I stay with the show, and it went so brilliant after Winter Soldier.

The highlight was the the Bill Paxton. [spoiler]His last scene was soooooooo funny![/spoiler]

Theblazeuk

It was truly dire to begin with but became extremely watchable as the events of the Winter Soldier entirely changed the team's staid, boring dynamics.

Goaty

amines2058

Yes, starts tonight!!  :D
TV is starting to look good again. Shield, The Strain, Gotham, The Flash (possibly), Constantine, Walking Dead. Plus probably loads more that I have already forgotten!

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

CrazyFoxMachine

Very solid start.

A NAMED MARVEL VILLAIN APPEARS AS WELL AND IT'S ONLY FUCKING [spoiler]CRUSHER CREEL[/spoiler]

Lots of ham and silliness as per but there's an undeniably dark current right from the off that's very edible. Hope it continues in this vein!

Steve Green

Veiny ham with dark currants? Yum?

Goaty

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 28 September, 2014, 03:58:30 PM
Very solid start.

A NAMED MARVEL VILLAIN APPEARS AS WELL AND IT'S ONLY FUCKING [spoiler]CRUSHER CREEL[/spoiler]

Lots of ham and silliness as per but there's an undeniably dark current right from the off that's very edible. Hope it continues in this vein!

[spoiler]The Absorbing Man?[/spoiler]

Hurry up C4 for it be here!

Pop Culture Bandit

Solid return for the show's second season, although apparently the ratings haven't been quite as high as they would have liked. Shame, as I feel there is definitely room for improvement as it becomes more established.

Here are the reviews from my blog:

Episode 2x01 - "Shadows"
http://www.popculturebandit.co.uk/2014/09/review-agents-of-shield-2x01-shadows.html

Episode 2x02 - "Heavy is the Head"
http://www.popculturebandit.co.uk/2014/10/review-agents-of-shield-2x02-heavy-is.html

Cheers,
Pop Culture Bandit

CrazyFoxMachine

Bah humbug - ! Shame it's losing ratings as this series has been what it should have been at the start of last year (although - obviously the strength of the start of this 'un is entirely due to the character-building of the first season).  We're getting named Marvel characters, a whole-load of "where is this going I wonder" and a whallop of solid acting (particularly Iain De Caestecker's Fitz who was always engaging before but is now amazing).

-Dunk!-

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 13 October, 2014, 09:34:36 PM
Iain De Caestecker's Fitz who was always engaging before but is now amazing).

Thought his reaction to [spoiler]meeting Ward again[/spoiler] was a superb piece of acting.

Dunk!

Theblazeuk

First two episodes ten times better than 90% of what came before.

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: T.a.H. link=topic=38531.msg848531#msg848531 date=1413271483

Thought his reaction to [spoiler
meeting Ward again[/spoiler] was a superb piece of acting.

Arr not just that which was astonishing but his whole [spoiler]ailment[/spoiler] is pitched tremendously well - the guy has serious chops.