Main Menu

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 12 May, 2013, 10:57:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

well that was... okay, the Malta gaffe was typical of US telly, but I was mega inpressed by the guard's triple back flip into the pool after getting trashed by Mr Woodenplank.
As a show it needs some panazz and something seriously leftfield in the next couple of episodes to keep me watching
DDT did a job on me

sheldipez

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 14 October, 2013, 10:27:35 AM
Urgh, I can't stand the current spiderman cartoon. Especially since it took over from Earth's Mightiest Heroes, which was the closest Marvel ever came to DC's level of animated goodness (well, DC's old level of animated goodness. Nothing beats Batman.)

My son watches it sometimes and I want to punch myself in the ears as soon as I hear this version's Peter Parker's voice, Parker is one of the few genuinely likeable people within Marvel IMO and they give a voice that would be at home as a Spongebob Squarepants character.

von Boom

Such a great premise failing to live up to its potential. So far this show is taking a very steep nosedive. Hopefully they'll pull out of it soon.

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: sheldipez on 14 October, 2013, 10:57:12 AM
Parker is one of the few genuinely likeable people within Marvel IMO and they give a voice that would be at home as a Spongebob Squarepants character.

Sandy, Patrick, Squidward or Mr Krabs? Surely not Plankton?!?

Ancient Otter

As mentioned by a customer in the Our Valued Customers comic store: While discussing AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D....

Goaty

IndigoPrime

I like the person who links Shield with Friends—that's pretty good.

Pop Culture Bandit

Here's my take on Episode 3:

http://popculturebandit.blogspot.com/2013/10/review-agents-of-shield-1x03-asset.html

A slight upturn in the quality, although they need to work on fleshing out some of the other characters now - May, Fitz and Simmons, in particular!

I've snuck a look at the synopses for the next few episodes, and there's nothing particularly mind-blowing about them, but hopefully it can take some average-sounding premises and build an intriguing approach to them.

Pop Culture Bandit

Not sure if anyone is still watching this, but it has been steadily improving with this week's episode taking another step up in quality, without relying on a Marvel Universe cameo (or Samuel L. Jackson)

Definitely worth a watch on 4oD, if you have it!

Here's my detailed review [with episode SPOILERS]

http://popculturebandit.blogspot.com/2013/10/review-agents-of-shield-1x04-eye-spy.html

COMMANDO FORCES

I can't remember what happened in the latest episode but when it did I stopped watching it, deleated that episode and cancelled the series link. Whatever it was, it infuriated me!

Theblazeuk

What, during the episode where the rogue agent has a[spoiler] camera-death device in her eyeball[/spoiler]?

That was the best episode yet, I thought.

Goaty

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 23 October, 2013, 10:03:37 AM
What, during the episode where the rogue agent has a[spoiler] camera-death device in her eyeball[/spoiler]?

Yes I enjoy that too!

Love that moment when [spoiler]"Seduce Him" text message appears[/spoiler]

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 23 October, 2013, 10:03:37 AM

Yeah. I got a Man From UNCLE/ Mission: Impossible vibe from this episode that was very welcome. I'd be quite happy for them to push in this direction with SF tech and the occasional superpower thrown in to mix it up a bit.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JamesC

I'm still enjoying this series. i usually go to the pub on a Friday night and this makes for a nice easy watch on Saturday morning.

Goaty

Quote from: JamesC on 23 October, 2013, 12:31:20 PM
I'm still enjoying this series. i usually go to the pub on a Friday night and this makes for a nice easy watch on Saturday morning.

Ditto!