Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Do'h! C4 Friday 24th October for us streamdriven TV types  :(

Must avoid this thread til then
DDT did a job on me

Pop Culture Bandit

Here's my latest review:

Episode 2x03 - "Making Friends and Influencing People"
http://www.popculturebandit.co.uk/2014/10/review-agents-of-shield-2x03-making.html

I totally agree with CrazyFoxMachine and T.a.H - really enjoying Iain De Caestecker's new take on Fitz, especially in this episode when he [spoiler]met Ward. In fact, Brett Dalton's Ward has improved dramatically as well.[/spoiler]

Another superb episode, possibly the best one yet out of the twenty-five aired so far!

CrazyFoxMachine

Even that arcetypal Mary-Sue Skye has improved a little - !

Although the most recent episode (4) [spoiler]was a bit of a duffer where we spent the majority of the episode watching Agent May in ever decreasing clothing for whatever reason - I can't see myself getting bored of the Hydra/SHIELD cat-and-mouse yet though, and there were moments in this episode that were genuinely very funny.[/spoiler] A really surprisingly solid season so far.. but the ratings are still going down...

Pop Culture Bandit

Here's my latest review:

Episode 2x04 - "Face My Enemy"
http://www.popculturebandit.co.uk/2014/10/review-agents-of-shield-2x04-face-my.html

Pretty fun episode, which reminded me of 'Chuck' in some places with its frothy, lightweight look at undercover spies. Some pretty excellent fight scenes too - plus the afore-mentioned [spoiler]under-dressed Agent May[/spoiler]

8-Ball

I am in total MCU viewing mode at the moment. Over the last two weeks I have screened all the movies and One-Shots in chronological order (starting with Captain America: The First Avenger due to it being set in the 1940s) up to season one of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. with breaks for Thor: The Dark World and Captain America: The Winter Soldier in between episodes. Maybe I am suffering the onset of Coulson-blindness but this show rocks, I don't care that they had to spin their wheels until CA:TWS had done its business. I am genuinely loving the shit out of AoS right now and season two looks even better. I just wonder what they have in store next year to build up to Avengers: Age Of Ultron.
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Theblazeuk

Was nice to see the face-changing tech in Cap 2 get a callback, even if the Agents seemed entirely surprised at its existence. This show is much better now but there are some holes, perhaps Age of Ultron can fill them with a line of dialogue (i.e. where are the Avengers when supervillains cause destruction? Easily explained but this is the stuff Cap would be doing.)

8-Ball

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 27 October, 2014, 10:09:23 AM
Was nice to see the face-changing tech in Cap 2 get a callback, even if the Agents seemed entirely surprised at its existence. This show is much better now but there are some holes, perhaps Age of Ultron can fill them with a line of dialogue (i.e. where are the Avengers when supervillains cause destruction? Easily explained but this is the stuff Cap would be doing.)

Fighting other (more expensive) supervillians?  :D
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Theblazeuk

Thor v Crusher Creel... that's all I wanted!

Proudhuff

Quote from: Proudhuff on 15 October, 2014, 10:21:01 AM
Do'h! C4 Friday 24th October for us streamdriven TV types  :(

Must avoid this thread til then

eeek! missed this due to a hectic social life, (well one night out) will catchup asap...
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

just discovered (late as usual) Agent Peggy Carter to get her own series and a pop up in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D:

Peggy Carter will again show her face with the present day 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' before her 2015 debut. Find out what brings Peggy back into the mix for November 18 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' episode, "The Things We Bury!"

Per Marvel's official press release from the November 18 hour ('Agents' will sit out this week for the 75-year retrospective, returning with November 11′s "The Writing on the Wall"), Agent Carter herself will pop up, we'd expect as another flashback to introduce aspects of the Hydra mystery, as well as preview the forthcoming series. Also worth noting is that "The Things We Bury" seems to bring in Lou Ferrigno Jr. for a minor role, as well as 'Dollhouse' vet Dichen Lachman.

Read More: 'Agents of SHIELD': Peggy Carter Returns November 18 | http://screencrush.com/agents-of-shield-peggy-carter-hayley-atwell-things-we-bury-november-18/?trackback=tsmclip
DDT did a job on me

Theblazeuk

Hmm. Just realised we know Peggy survives till 2014 thanks to Cap 2. Always feel it takes some of the bite out of things when you're dead certain about something like that (though obviously we all know Dredd will make it to next issue etc, it's a little different in my head).

Goaty

And Peggy will be in Avengers 2...

Proudhuff

Quote from: Pop Culture Bandit on 17 October, 2014, 04:18:51 PM
Here's my latest review:

Episode 2x03 - "Making Friends and Influencing People"
http://www.popculturebandit.co.uk/2014/10/review-agents-of-shield-2x03-making.html

I totally agree with CrazyFoxMachine and T.a.H - really enjoying Iain De Caestecker's new take on Fitz, especially in this episode when he [spoiler]met Ward. In fact, Brett Dalton's Ward has improved dramatically as well.[/spoiler]

Another superb episode, possibly the best one yet out of the twenty-five aired so far!

Well this is as far as cooncil TV has got and you know what? I enjoyed this more than Dr Who this weekend, lower expectations? possibly, but there is a feeling this has been thought through rather than throwing everything at the wall and hope some s*** sticks.

Sneak peeks at this thread show that this quailty continues too.
DDT did a job on me

Goaty

Season 1 on Netflix US now, worth to watch 2nd half of it, better from Episode 14, "T.A.H.I.T.I."

Goaty

That weird aliens drawings? It is [spoiler]a map[/spoiler]!