Main Menu

This is DARK JUSTICE by John Wagner and Greg Staples - the Dark Judges return to

Started by Molch-R, 16 May, 2013, 12:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apestrife

Quote from: Judge Anderson on Wikipedia on 21 May, 2013, 06:46:04 PM

Since exiting her coma, Anderson is still dealing with her increasing age; she is now almost fifty, and since being a Psi stops her from using the drugs and treatments that keep aging Street Judges like Dredd active, she knows she will eventually be unable to do her job.

It's probably nothing to take too seriously then. Especially if she's only around her 40, 50s. Then it's just a line or two around her face. Thing is that I was almost hoping that she'd turned a bit gray.

And age can certainly have a different impact from person to person, especially those with a good life style. Iggy Pop comes to mind, who looked like 50 when he was 30, but he still looks like it thanks to a steady mix of a good looking woman, red wine and yoga ;)

Anyone else who get's the feeling things wont end well for her? Think Wagner has said some things about Dark Justice that goes in that direction. Last time Wagner wrote her, she went into a coma right?

Steve Green

Dodsy

QuoteAnyone else who get's the feeling things wont end well for her? Think Wagner has said some things about Dark Justice that goes in that direction. Last time Wagner wrote her, she went into a coma right?

What has Wagner said about things going in direction? I haven't read anything to that regard (not saying your wrong I just haven't heard anything about this)
Twitter - @dodsy84

Apestrife

Quote from: dodsy on 21 May, 2013, 08:45:05 PM
QuoteAnyone else who get's the feeling things wont end well for her? Think Wagner has said some things about Dark Justice that goes in that direction. Last time Wagner wrote her, she went into a coma right?

What has Wagner said about things going in direction? I haven't read anything to that regard (not saying your wrong I just haven't heard anything about this)

Seriously sorry for that. I was soo/too sure that I had read something somewhere, but must have just been some idea I got or theory I read around the time I first heard the title "Dark justice" last year. Think it was something in line with Anderson vs Dredd.

But I really do hope Wagner have something up his sleeve for her. The Dredd film really made wish for something more done with her character, just as John been doing Dredd since origins till Day of chaos.

TordelBack

Quote from: Apestrife on 21 May, 2013, 09:36:54 PM
But I really do hope Wagner have something up his sleeve for her. The Dredd film really made wish for something more done with her character, just as John been doing Dredd since origins till Day of chaos.

I'd say it's unlikely that Wagner will do anything significant with Anderson, character-wise, since she's Alan Grant's bread and butter these days.  It was one thing to bring Johnny Alpha back in flashback and then the flesh, since Alan had explicitly finished with the character, but I imagine John is far too much of a gentleman to tread on Alan's toes by making changes to Anderson.

COMMANDO FORCES

Alan talked about how he would love to kill off Anderson at the LSCC :o

Proudhuff

Looks like the Q&As at The Glasgow Con are going to be interesting...
DDT did a job on me

TordelBack

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 22 May, 2013, 08:37:18 AM

Blimey!  Maybe he'd consider writing some interesting stories about her instead?  He's more than capable.

Apestrife

Quote from: TordelBack on 22 May, 2013, 03:42:27 PM
Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 22 May, 2013, 08:37:18 AM

Blimey!  Maybe he'd consider writing some interesting stories about her instead?  He's more than capable.

I fear he'd do it with, as Douglas Wolk puts it, his: "I've been reading some interesting books lately--let me tell you about them!" tendencies".

I wish he'd show more and tell less. I'd love if she could have a moment like for example Dredd's "Pretty much the same" in the end of Origin or something.

Something little as that, but shows/does much. For example the end of stone voices, when Anderson looks into her mirror image. Why not leave it to that, after she said "I'v seen worse", and just let her stand there instead of 5 captions discribing that she's feeling old and tired (which the art is better at telling).

Really hope Wagner can give her that. Maybe if Death & c/o are done there could be some little moment  between Cass and Joe, say for example that she finally told a good joke and Dredd gave little hint at a smile or something. Similar to Dredd's "We're your family now" to Beeny, a small but good moment.

Grant could then retire her with some "inspired" captions about "Death can die" or something else rich to a montage of Corey and the russian she fell in love with in Shamballa. (hopefully not some death scene with jesus on a cross and/or other martyr imagery, for reasons never again shown or heard about in the main Dredd story.).

Pete Wells

John Wagner rather cryptically said at LSCC that at the end of Dark Justice "Dredd might not win..."

Steve Green

Apestrife

Quote from: Pete Wells on 22 May, 2013, 11:00:53 PM
John Wagner rather cryptically said at LSCC that at the end of Dark Justice "Dredd might not win..."

It's been a while since he did, and the ride never been better. So that's good if true ;)

Richard

I wouldn't mind if he did kill off Anderson, it would be an interesting story and Juliet November could take her place -- I liked her.

Problem is it might make Dredd 2 less likely to happen.

Cactus

I'm a tucker hot seat trucker and I'm voking cheerio, ten-ten!