Main Menu

The Complete Zenith

Started by James Stacey, 29 May, 2013, 12:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Satanist on 08 November, 2013, 11:59:17 AM
Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 08 November, 2013, 11:57:22 AM
I hope so because I'm going to list mine soon. If they're going for daft cash then I'm going to cash in. I've got the comics already and Christmas is coming. The cash should cover some prezzies!

*cough* PS4

Like I said, a Christmas present from me to me.
Lock up your spoons!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Buttonman on 07 November, 2013, 11:27:21 PM
I've stuck mine up on eBay. I know, I know but I knew I'd never read it for fear of dripping peanut butter all over its glossy pages. It's like the Dredd Medi-Kit all over again - I can't have nice things!

"Will sell possessions for food and stamps".

Sickening.

Buttonman

Yea! Judgemental keyboard hero strikes! Careful getting off your high horse!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Buttonman on 08 November, 2013, 06:10:15 PM
Careful getting off your high horse!

I'd better not; you'd only barbecue the poor aul nag.

TordelBack

sheldipez

Best sell your limited version if you're holding onto it purely for profit, price gonna take a plunge

Colin Zeal

Not exactly surprising. Now the diuscussion over whether or not to buy these as well as the Complete enith begins.

opaque

Hardback for just one phase at a time? Seems a bit thin for that.

Mattofthespurs

Pleased with this announcement.
As someone who could not afford the limited one this sounds, and this is not sour grapes I assure you, better.
I prefer smaller volumes than heftier ones and the chance to be able to get a slip case sounds like a great add on too.
With the added bonus that these four volumes, plus the slip case, will come in under the £100 (or thereabouts at least).
I would still buy a complete volume if it were possibly but only for the original price.

robert_ellis

Wonder if the annual/special stories will make it in - or if volume 3 will be split.

IndigoPrime

Not exactly a shock, and good on Rebellion for doing this. Fair enough with using the hardback format, although I'd have been perfectly happy with standard Rebellion paperbacks, which are usually very good quality. Bit of a difference in pricing across countries, though, which showcases costs on either side of the Atlantic!

Quotecosting £20 in the UK and $25

(VAT's not relevant, note, because books are zero-rated in the UK. Other costs are usually the issue when this happens, such as printing and shipping.)

QuoteYes, the books will include newly commissioned material to complement each phase, with both art and feature material.
I'd happily pay £30 per book, mind, to get Yeowell to do a b+w version of that single Phase I colour page, and to redraw the few bits he didn't do for specials/annuals. (And a b+w Phase IV? In my alternate reality, that's the prize!)

Colin YNWA

Yeah no real surprise given that there seems to have been no legal action taken (???) over the first release. I do wonder about the final cost though. Could well see the first two coming in £20 as reported. Phase three at at least £25 as it'll have a far higher page count. Phase 4 also £25 cos its in colour. A tenner for the slipcase and hey presto we'll all pay £100 any by stealth!

Still we'll have to wait and see. For me the question on whether I get these or not really depends on the dimensions of the books. If they are reduced to 'normal' trade size I'll pass I think.

dweezil2

Great news!

I picked up the limited release, but I'll have these too I think.

Especially as there are rumoured extras!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Dunk!

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 03 December, 2013, 04:30:03 PM
For me the question on whether I get these or not really depends on the dimensions of the books. If they are reduced to 'normal' trade size I'll pass I think.

Yeah, if they go back to the original published size then these become must haves for me, otherwise I'll stick with my complete.
"Trust we"