Main Menu

JUDGE DREDD: CASE FILES 20

Started by radiator, 21 June, 2013, 05:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

Quote from: radiator on 21 June, 2013, 07:53:15 PM
Perennial wingers will no doubt be pleased that the book is basically split into two, with separate detailed 'contents' pages for the 2000ad and Megazine sections.
Haven't bought this yet but had a flick through in FP and, speaking as a perennial whinger, I was very pleased to see the inclusion of the contents information. It's not essential for the Prog material but as none of the Meg stories have included titles it's pretty helpful there.
We never really die.

Mark Taylor

Quote from: The Cosh on 23 June, 2013, 11:37:28 AMHaven't bought this yet but had a flick through in FP and, speaking as a perennial whinger, I was very pleased to see the inclusion of the contents information. It's not essential for the Prog material but as none of the Meg stories have included titles it's pretty helpful there.

Absolutely, the contents information is great and shows once again that Rebellion have been listening to what the fans want.

Incidentally, has anybody else noticed that two pages of the second episode of the very first story "Roadkill" appear to have been printed out of sequence? The pages beginning "Get Med-Units to K'un-Lun Gallery" and "Sir? Very sorry to interrupt", only make sense continuity-wise if read in reverse order.

Patrick

Quote from: sauchie on 21 June, 2013, 11:25:02 PM
The period where he was completely absent from 2000ad coincided with his defection to the ill-fated Toxic, didn't it?

Wagner tried to defect to Toxic, but for some reason didn't really fit in there - that's why Button Man ended up in 2000AD and Al's Baby ended up in the Megazine.

Richard

Those pages in Roadkill were the wrong way round in the original prog too.

radiator

The first half of the book is mostly Millar, and it's bloody awful.

'I Hate Christmas' is one of the absolute worst Dredd scripts I've ever read. Millar's central theme seems to be making out Dredd to be a total unlikable dick!

Also, paraphrasing, but in Book of the Dead: Dredd has the 'ancient blood of the Judda'? Wtf? Foreshadowing for some future direction Millar and Morrison were going to take, or more likely they just didn't understand or care what they were talking about?

radiator

Something I always wondered back then - why is there 'Acclaim' grafitti everywhere in Dredds from that period?

Is it some sort of weird tie-in to the Dredd videogame which was published by Acclaim?

Frank

Quote from: radiator on 25 June, 2013, 05:56:55 PM
Something I always wondered back then - why is there 'Acclaim' grafitti everywhere in Dredds from that period? Is it some sort of weird tie-in to the Dredd videogame which was published by Acclaim?

Most of that graffiti was the work of Dermot Power if I remember correctly - who produced the artwork for the video game.

The game artwork predates Power having anything published in the prog, so I assume that's how he got his intro to Tharg.

Richard

QuoteThe first half of the book is mostly Millar, and it's bloody awful.
True, but the second half is almost all Wagner, and it's bloody brilliant.

Link Prime

Quote from: radiator on 25 June, 2013, 05:55:37 PM

'I Hate Christmas' is one of the absolute worst Dredd scripts I've ever read. Millar's central theme seems to be making out Dredd to be a total unlikable dick!

You make me want to hate my 16 year old self for liking that strip.

radiator

To be fair Millar has always written very much for the tastes of teenage boys.

There's just no cleverness or wit to it at all. It's Christmas Day and Dredd is grumpy, so he goes around being a total dick to everyone. That's it.

Jared Katooie

When is Case Files 21 coming out?

radiator

October I believe, then 22 is out in... March 2014 I think.

Mark Taylor

Quote from: Richard on 25 June, 2013, 05:43:17 PM

Oh well. It would be kinda cool if they'd noticed and put them the right way round in the Case Files, but you can't have everything I suppose.

(Then again, if Rebellion ever want someone to thoroughly proof read graphic novels before they go to print, I'll gladly do it for merely the price of a free copy when they do go to print. I'm fairly good at picking things like this out.)

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Mark Taylor on 26 June, 2013, 07:15:03 PM
Quote from: Richard on 25 June, 2013, 05:43:17 PM

Oh well. It would be kinda cool if they'd noticed and put them the right way round in the Case Files, but you can't have everything I suppose.

The precedent was established with Dead Juve's Curve in CF12.
@jamesfeistdraws

Richard

What we all have to do is proof read all of the progs that haven't been in the Case Files yet, looking for errors like that, and then post our findings on this thread for Rebellion to see...