Main Menu

My name is Judge Brian & I am an addict.

Started by Judge Brian, 30 June, 2013, 01:16:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judge Brian

For the past 9 months, even sense I saw Dredd 3D, I've been addicted to Dredd comics. Not only can't I stop, I've moved to other 2000 AD titles & now I've pre-ordered 3 months worth of both 2000 AD & the Megazine.

I've managed to collect & read 14 of the 19 case files, the 4 restricted files, Brothers in Blood, the Pitt, America, Origin, Death Lives, The Life & Death of..., Both Tour of Duty trades, & the first Day of Chaos trade, All 3 Psi files, Shamballa,  & the Psychic Crime Files.  Now It's seeped in to 4 Slaine trades, 2 Nikolai Dante trades, Zombo, Tales of Nu Earth 1, & the Search/Destroy Agency Files 1 & 2. I should be getting the 2 Defoe trades any day now.

My question isn't how do I stop, it's how do I get Rebellion to send more of their titles to America? I need the next 10 trades of Nikolai Dante like a junkie needs his sinthcaf fix. Amazon.co.UK is no help. Neither is the 2000 AD shop, they want $260 to send 8 trades to the US.

Please Tharg, forgive your rebellious colony & send us more thrill power, STAT!  I'd even take an ACE Trucking book.

COMMANDO FORCES

Get yourself over to SDCC and buy everything from the 2000 AD stand  ;)

Judge Brian

Maine to California is a long way. It might be cheaper to go to London.

COMMANDO FORCES

Judge Brian

I found 18 old progs I bought back in the 90's. I had more but only kept the ones with Zenith in them.

I forgot about Bradley. What ever happened to that strip?

Colin YNWA

Glad to hear that your discovery of Dredd spread to other strips too. Hope your local Thrill Merchant is able to help with your struggle. If not do what we used to have to do when we were kids and this stuff was barely available. Re-read, re-read, re-read...

Judge Brian

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 30 June, 2013, 07:08:07 AM
Glad to hear that your discovery of Dredd spread to other strips too. Hope your local Thrill Merchant is able to help with your struggle. If not do what we used to have to do when we were kids and this stuff was barely available. Re-read, re-read, re-read...

It's a rediscovery. I started with the Eagle Judge Dredd #1. Once Eagle folded I started to pick up 2000 AD until just after Judgement Day.

Simon Beigh

I was in my local bookshop yesterday weighing the shrapnel in my pocket to see if it was enough to make a purchase when a spotty teenager stopped browsing the Marvels and went to browse The Dark Judges TPB.

"That's a great book" I interjected "I think you'd enjoy that"

The teen's Dad appeared and looked at it: "I remember that from the first time around". He took the book off his son, flicked through it then headed for the cash desk! Another returning Squaxx, perhaps...

By the way, the teen picked up a Walking Dead, which immediately killed my conversation with him and I went back to counting the bottle tops in my pocket (Waterstones don't take bottle tops, which blew my plans for purchasing From Hell). It got worse when the shop assistant declared she didn't really like Dredd 3D, preferring the Stallone version...

Um, there may have been a point to this post, but I've forgotten what it was with my mindless rambling...  On yes, I've remembered, TPBs are a great way for people to get back into the 2000AD world after the movie. It's how I got back into it, and it's a shame you can't get all the ones you want in the States, Brian

Judge Brian

One of our local record stores has started carrying books and gives a 30% discount on all books including graphic novels. They also order 2 of any special order, so when I ordered Case Files 1-5 & Nu Earth 1 they ordered copies for their shelves.  I love seeing that Rogue Trooper spine in with all the other american trades.