Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hello All!!  (Read 1012 times)

amines2058

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Hello All!!
« on: 29 July, 2013, 07:27:33 pm »
Have been lurking for a few weeks but finally joined up. Ex loyal fan who left the flock 25 years ago but has now returned to the fold. Am now once more a regular reader of the prog and megazine and am loving it as much as I ever did. Am also taking on board all the recommendations elsewhere of the essential stories to catch up on
Cannot believe I have missed 25 years of thrills and want to catch up ASAP. Plus as I am also an aspiring art droid (aren't we all!) so look forward to getting some healthy criticism on the Creative Common board for my doodles and sketches!!  ::)

Mabs

• Posting Machine
    • View Profile
Re: Hello All!!
« Reply #1 on: 29 July, 2013, 09:21:56 pm »
Great to have you on board, amines2058! Looking forward to seeing you around on the forum!  :-)
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Simon Beigh

• Prog Stacking Droid
  • The forumite formerly known as SimeonB...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 July, 2013, 09:26:34 pm »
Welcome aboard :wave:

Great sketch of Dredd over on the Creative Commons board, BTW...

Frank

• Bionic Fingers
  • Pretend I typed IMHO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 July, 2013, 09:29:15 pm »

Good to have you back, amines.  You left around the same time I came in, in some kind of karmic cycle of ignorance, atonement, enlightenment and liberation - which means I basically put up with the nineties so you didn't have to. You owe me, buddy.

Colin YNWA

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29 July, 2013, 09:40:00 pm »
Welcome aboard. You may have missed 25 years  but think of all the fun you'll have catching up.

Enjoy.

COMMANDO FORCES

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • Being nice is my game!
    • View Profile
    • Cellar of Dredd
« Reply #5 on: 29 July, 2013, 10:51:48 pm »
Hello

amines2058

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: 30 July, 2013, 07:15:20 am »

Good to have you back, amines.  You left around the same time I came in, in some kind of karmic cycle of ignorance, atonement, enlightenment and liberation - which means I basically put up with the nineties so you didn't have to. You owe me, buddy.

The nineties was the time I went off to Uni and slowly drifted away from 2000ad. Firstly I could not afford to buy it and secondly I felt the quality had taken a drop. This was around the time of the Summer Offensive - Big Dave etc was not my cup of tea as 2000ad was supposed to be sci-fi not risqué political humour (that was my view anyway). Have dipped back in over the past 2 decades but am now fully back and enjoying it.  ;)

Bobblehead

• Sub Basement Sewer Unit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30 July, 2013, 07:53:26 am »

25 years without 2000ad?! Thats a life sentance id rather not do :)

Welcome back amines2058,im sure you'll enjoy catching up to missed thrills. But take it slow so you dont over-indulge on thrill power and explode! :D