Main Menu

The Complete Zenith

Started by Pop Culture Bandit, 06 August, 2013, 10:24:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pop Culture Bandit

I was very lucky to receive a digital preview copy of the upcoming The Complete Zenith, and having never read the story before (blasphemy, I know!) I was excited to finally experience it and review the massive 480 page tome!

Anyone who has pre-ordered one of the special hardcover editions is in for a treat. It truly is a comprehensive collection, crammed with all the prologues, interludes and even the more recent appearances in Prog 2001 & the 'A Night to Remember' non-canon strip.

http://popculturebandit.blogspot.com/2013/08/review-complete-zenith.html

Enjoy,
Jamie

Link Prime

Nice one Jamie.

Whether we actually get our mitts on it now is the only concern.

Mabs

Quote from: Pop Culture Bandit on 06 August, 2013, 10:24:10 AM
I was very lucky to receive a digital preview copy of the upcoming The Complete Zenith, and having never read the story before (blasphemy, I know!) I was excited to finally experience it and review the massive 480 page tome!

Anyone who has pre-ordered one of the special hardcover editions is in for a treat. It truly is a comprehensive collection, crammed with all the prologues, interludes and even the more recent appearances in Prog 2001 & the 'A Night to Remember' non-canon strip.

http://popculturebandit.blogspot.com/2013/08/review-complete-zenith.html

Enjoy,
Jamie

How did you go about getting the preview, PCB? I wanna preview + review it too:'(
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

matty_ae

Hope you don't mind a few questions...

Did it reprint all the covers on a full page each, or did it group them together?

Did the artwork suffer shrunk?

As a newbie did the Jim MCarthy not strike you as odd/random?!!

Pop Culture Bandit

Hi Matty,

I'll have to wait until I'm home to double-check the answers for you, but from what I recall. The covers gallery is at the back of the book, although there are back dividing pages when needed to break up the story, such as between Phases, interludes, etc. They are similar to the usual 2000AD black background pages with a ghosted image on them.

The artwork seemed fine to me - my copy was watermarked, however, so it did suffer from that, as well as being shrunk on a digital platform for my Nexus 7. I'd imagine the actual printed copy would look ace, as it will be a proper size page. As far as I'm aware, there won't be a digital release of this collection - mine was a preview copy (and watermarked)

What do you mean by Jim McCarthy? Is that the Mandala interlude? I must admit I couldn't fully grasp that interlude and skipped ahead to the final Phase and didn't seem to suffer any loss in terms of understanding the story.

Mabs,

As far as getting other preview copies, I have to say I think I'm in a very lucky minority in managing to get a preview - perhaps it's because I didn't have any prior knowledge to the strip and could give an fresh take on the strip compared to someone who'd read the originals?

Cheers,
Jamie

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: ThryllSeekyrWell, I received my Zenith tee-shirt in the mail today. Though no Complete Zenith graphic novel.

Is it even in print yet?

So, it's only the digital preview thats available so far.

Pop Culture Bandit

Yeah, just a pdf copy. As far as the hard copy, that's due for release on 1st December to all those who pre-ordered. Even though there's a pdf copy, I highly doubt this will be released as a digital release proper.

matty_ae