Main Menu

Prog 1851 The Red Road

Started by Tjm86, 21 September, 2013, 11:04:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Cover:  Very Tornado, as it should be.

Dredd:  Liking this, hope neither Joyce nor Pax buy it before the end. You can never have enough distinctive judges to call on.   Still not quite sure what it is about Davidson's art that throws me, maybe still too reliant on face on/side profile heads, which is a bit of a pity as the more isometric views are fab.  What I am sure of is that he gives great Undercity.

Damnation Station:  Harrison's current style still proving disjointed for me, and I'm surprised to see the Nowhere explanation trotted out so early in the game. However, as it was fairly obvious from the end of last series I suppose there's no point making it a mystery in this.

Aquila: Ah Felix, I wondered what had become of him.  Confess that I had rather wanted to see Aquila and Peter hang about for a bit.  I take it that's Nero playing at augur?  Love this strip, and love Goddard's Rome and his slightly less Hulkish Aquila.

Flesh:  Look, if there's anything else in this episode other than a divinely rendered exploding Alamosaur it should be viewed as a bonus feature.  I confess that I'm a bit bored of the Pastor Sunday plot, just string the bastard up McGuirk.

Brass Sun:  Things move along at a lick as Katerina Dante sends the Graf Orlok into battle.  Hope we don't leave The Keep too soon, I'm enjoying its Gormenghastliness.

James Stacey

Quote from: TordelBack on 29 September, 2013, 01:11:29 PM

Dredd:  Liking this, hope neither Joyce nor Pax buy it before the end. You can never have enough distinctive judges to call on.   Still not quite sure what it is about Davidson's art that throws me, maybe still too reliant on face on/side profile heads, which is a bit of a pity as the more isometric views are fab.  What I am sure of is that he gives great Undercity.
That was what struck me this week. 3 panels in a row with a virtually identical profile of Dredd, even when the rest of his body was almost square on in one of them. It just all feels a little awkward. Scripts top notch though

johnnystress

Mine still hasn't arrived..any other subscribers still waiting ?

IronGraham

you may need to contact them about that thats what i did
We're werewolves not swearwolves

Bat King

Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

DrJomster

Really enjoyed this prog. A solid 4/5 and no mistakin. Think we're getting back on form now following on from the jump on prog. Good work team!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.