Main Menu

Glasgow Comic Con 2014!

Started by Proudhuff, 24 September, 2013, 05:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Quote from: Alex on 06 May, 2014, 08:18:11 PM
Freelance jobs are getting in the way of VVW2

Freelance cover work or freelance strip work? Better be for Tharg, either way.

8-Ball

It is a long shot but I hope that we get similar weather to last year's event, scorchio! :cool: Also, the CCA need some kind of proper signposting for the entrance - last year people (aka the stragglers) kept on joining the very long Wagner/Ezquerra signing queue thinking it was the queue to get in. 
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Cpt Rhodes

Latest guest list.
http://gccon.wordpress.com/guests/
I see a few more names in the list on the top right, Erik Larsen, Leah Moore and John Reppion to name three.
Perhaps they are unconfirmed at the moment.

GordyM

Erik Larson and Gail Simone are two fantastic "gets" for the Con. A fantastic line-up this year.
Check out my new comic Supermom: Expecting Trouble and see how a pregnant superhero tries to deal with the fact that the baby's father is her archnemesis. Free preview pack including 12 pages of art: http://www.mediafire.com/file/57986rnlgk0itfz/Supermom_Preview_Pack.pdf/file

Cpt Rhodes

I was up at the Art School today and noticed that Scott Street is completely closed due to the fire in the Rennie Mackintosh building. This means a slightly longer route to get to the Comic Con/Art School events in the new building. Fine if the weather is like last year, not so good if it's bucketing with rain. 

The exhibitor tabs have been filled on the website so you'll know what location the guests will be for signings etc.

http://gccon.wordpress.com/exhibitors/

judgerussell

Not long to go now. I am starting to think about what to bring along to get signed.

Who all is going?

Satanist

Ha, I just came in here to ask that very same question. Beat me by 2 mins.

I'm going both days, Sat by myself and Sunday with wife and kids.

TBH theres not a lot of guest Im familiar with this year.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Proudhuff

I'll be moving amongst the masses clearing a path for the godlike genius that is George 'Dode' Coleman.

Unfortunately there is no one on that list who could add to my Book of Dredd that isn't already in it, unless HOward does a Dredd black kiss?

I'll be coming through a bit later on the Saturday afftie due to domestic arrangements but will be staying the night and doing the full Sunday thang
DDT did a job on me

Cpt Rhodes

I'll be going both days.
Might try and pick up a US Marvel edition Star Wars for a Howard Chaykin sig, or just get one of the UK weeklies out of the back of the cupboard.
Thinking of getting the ABC Warriors hardback too for a Bisley sig. Black Hole assault is one ABC strip I've never actually read. (Shame)

P.S. Scott Street is open too so no detour necessary

Pub crawl in the evening ?

Proudhuff

Quote from: Proudhuff on 17 June, 2014, 03:02:33 PM
Unfortunately there is no one on that list who could add to my Book of Dredd that isn't already in it, unless

... Alex would be kind enough to do me one?  ;)
DDT did a job on me

Cpt Rhodes

Get me before I've had one too many shandies. As in one :)

judgerussell

I'm really hoping Colin will help fill my 2000AD sketchbook. Last year he didn't want to do sketches, but did signings, and was a really nice bloke!

8-Ball

I'm going on the Saturday. Looking forward to seeing my fellow boarders there. :D
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Fungus

I'll be there Sat & Sun. My first con  :o

Have to dig out the old American Flagg!'s and Black Kiss's (along with Satellite Sam's) for Mr Chaykin to sign (as that seems to be the done thing (?!)). Satellite Sam my favourite thing out right now (apart from the obvious). Fraction + Chaykin = bliss.

gronk guy

Quote from: judgerussell on 17 June, 2014, 06:28:15 PM
I'm really hoping Colin will help fill my 2000AD sketchbook. Last year he didn't want to do sketches, but did signings, and was a really nice bloke!

Colin wasn't sketching at Bristol this year and said he was staying away from sketching for a while. :(