Main Menu

Cheap Thrills

Started by James Stacey, 06 November, 2013, 03:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

QuoteThink it was the first to employ cover based combat

Nah, third-person games had been doing that since years before. Operation Winback on the N64 springs to mind.

James Stacey

I stand corrected. Still a good game though.

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: James Stacey on 11 November, 2013, 01:22:16 PM
the game is top fun. Think it was the first to employ cover based combat that was then popularised by Gears of War. I played the Wii version which did good.

It is a bloody great game, and I've completed it on PC, Xbox and Wii.  Of all versions, Wii was the worst - it popped to cover without you telling it, which made the cover mechanic a royal pain in the arse.  You'd pop to cover accidentally all the time in the middle of gunfights, or trying to leap over obstacles etc.  On the plus side, they tidied up the grpahics quite a bit for the Wii release.

I persionally think that despite not quite as good graphics, the Xbox is the best version.  the controls work really well.  You can pick it up for less than a fiver these days, and there's an Xbox Live patch to play it on your 360. 

If you see it for less than a tenner anywhere, buy it without hesitation.  Even if it wasn't one of our beloved 2000AD charcters, it's still a kick arse action/stealth/gizmo game in it's own right!

With Rogue and his bickering biochip buddies, it's brilliantly realised.  Hands down the best 2000AD computer game ever.

dweezil2

Quote from: Recrewt on 11 November, 2013, 01:18:12 PM
Ha! Despite my avatar, I'm not a Rogue completist.  Just wondered if it was any good.

This does remind me though that I still need to pick up the game itself.  I got the Dredd one (main reason I still have my PS2) which was good, the quotes really cracked me up - "this kind of rampant consumerism makes me sick".

The making of the Rogue Trooper game book is a nice item.

There some great behind the scenes stuff with a look at the development of the game and the character as a whole.

Definitely worth 99p.

The lovely making of Dredd vs Death heard book is an even more in depth look at game development and features some lovely computer art and the more traditional kind and is essential for anyone interested in video games.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Mardroid

Yeah, I loved the Rogue Trooper game. Played it on the PS2.

I never got beyond the train level though.

HdE

I am disappoint. Ordered a quartet of books, only to get a 'we had a problem processing your card' message at the last knockings.

Tried it again. Same message.

Had to go to the bank today, and queried this - seems I HAVE been billed for two orders! YOINK!

Still, easily sorted.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

judda fett

Necronauts and Shako with change out of seven quid!

judda fett

Quote from: judda fett on 12 November, 2013, 12:53:49 PM
Necronauts and Shako with change out of seven quid!

That shoulda been eight quid. 3p change, still..

Dash Decent

Those Complete Zeniths for 2.99 were a steal!  Pity they're all gone now.

[spoiler]Yes, I'm joking![/spoiler]
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Cactus

Necronauts for £1.99? Get in!  :D
I'm a tucker hot seat trucker and I'm voking cheerio, ten-ten!

Anzati

Has anyone received their order from this sale yet? Just curious as this is my first order from the 2000AD store, but it's now day 9 since order...

moly

Nope still waiting..not impressed

shaolin_monkey

Nothing yet, but that's fine - no biggie.  That's Internet purchasing for you - deferred gratification!

radiator

I would imagine that because of the sale they've probably been swamped with a lot more orders than usual, and that's why it's taking a little while.

Well worth the wait for the bargains though!

Daveycandlish

Still waitin'.

Still sulkin'.

Don't like waitin'.

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!