Main Menu

Cam Kennedy artwork question

Started by SIP, 19 November, 2013, 04:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SIP

Well, I guess whatever this actually is, it clearly isn't the original artwork. I'm very curious to know whether the actual artwork survived or whether this is as close as it gets.

A big disappointment for me as always wanted to own pages of work by my absolute favourites and had mostly achieved that (with the exception of bolland.....always way out of my price range). Not sure I could ever justify the money nowadays for one of cams actual vintage 2000AD pages.

Oh well, now its out of the frame I have replaced it with a nice Dom reardon caballistics page.

Wake

Quote from: ming on 20 November, 2013, 06:29:11 PMJust a quick comparison of the pic Jim showed of the art for the second page from this episode (from Wake's collection) is enough to raise serious doubts - for me, at least.  Cam's comments also suggest that something's not right here.  As I said, if Wake can comment on how the back of his page looks (IPC stamp?  Prog and page details?  Sizing / repro info?) compared to Simon's, I think that should be conclusive.

Sorry for the delay. I'm in the process of moving house and my original artwork has gone ahead. Anyway, I'm here with Milli-Com Memories from Prog 318 now. As you've already checked, the speech balloons are all pasted on, as you would expect. On the back the board is by ORAM & ROBINSON, LTD. and while there is no official IPC stamp, the following has been hand written:

2000 AD. Prog 318. Page 10

<----- 209mm ----->

28/5/83

On the front, some of the notes in the borders have been covered up with white paper: e.g. 663 in the bottom right hand corner.

It would be good to establish whether your page can direct from Steve, in which case it must have come like that from Cam himself, or whether it passed through any further hands. Personally I think the most likely explanation is that the original page was damaged and therefore a copy was made (including some touching up) for the Titan reprint, which in turn was returned to Cam with the art from the rest of the story.

Dr Feeley Good

Came straight from Cam, the first page I bought from him !

Tiplodocus

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 19 November, 2013, 05:04:41 PM
Hmm... here's another Nuttall-lettered page from Milli-Com Memories:

That middle panel is just utterly magnificent. It's after the firefight but you can totally see how it played out.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Proudhuff

aye, it was pages like that that stopped me drawing all those years again
DDT did a job on me