Main Menu

Subscription: Prog and/or Meg?

Started by leebrown1990, 02 December, 2013, 11:53:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leebrown1990

Been working abroad for a year so haven't been reading any 2000AD. The Trifecta finale in 1812 was the last issue from my previous subscription and now I'm looking to renew it.

From what I can see there have been quite a few good series in the Meg this past year, particularly Insurrection. I just wanted you all to chime in; if I was to get a new subscription should I get just the Prog or both? What I read in the past was decent, the odd good series but mostly chaff articles etc.

Plus, if anyone is looking to get rid of issue 1813 to present, let me know! Save me getting them deducted from my sub.

Cheers,
Lee
"After 2,000 years of keeping them breeding inside the one bloodline, we're lucky the bastard doesn't have antennae."

dweezil2

I'd go for both!

The quality of 2000AD goes without saying, but there's always something worth reading in a The a Meg too!  :)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

hippynumber1

Definitely both; you won't regret it.

Magnetica

I always get both, but have always viewed the Prog as the main publication. Indeed in the 80's I used to drive my parents mad tracking it down on holidays...wasn't happy till I found a newsagent that sold it.

IronGraham

I get both and right now I feel the meg is better

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
We're werewolves not swearwolves

ming

If you're able, take both.  As others have said, the Meg is on particularly fine form these days.  I've been an overseas subscriber for close to ten years now, I guess, and haven't ever considered changing that status.  Any occasional hiccups with deliveries are very quickly sorted by the lovely Denise, and customer service is top-notch.

leebrown1990

Well I ended up getting all of last years back dated and a new sub put through as one transaction. I didn't have the stomach to pay for the Meg too! Cheers anyway folks.
"After 2,000 years of keeping them breeding inside the one bloodline, we're lucky the bastard doesn't have antennae."

Devons Daddy

I get both as I am traveling less then I once did.
Based out here in Singapore.
But the download version has to be ideal in this day and age.

If I was traveling now I would go for the iPad version

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

DrJomster

Happy reading! :)

I get both digitally via the app. Love the app!

Going to echo the above and try to tempt you on the Meg at some point. It's on fire at the moment!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.