Main Menu

London Film & Comic Con (Summer) 11th - 13th July 2014

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 10 December, 2013, 04:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost MacRoth

I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Grugz

only if he can sneak onto g.o.t. as a kingsguard then he'll qualify.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Steve Green

It was way, way, over capacity - stifling heat with hardly any effective air-con.

Good to see everyone, but inside on Saturday was a pretty horrible experience in comparison to previous LFCC events.

It reminded me more of the MCM Expos, which made me swore never to go to one of those again.

JOE SOAP

Jim_Campbell

It is impossible to explain to those who do not know what horror is, what is necessary once you have heard Tony Head singing "Behind Blue Eyes"...

We sat in the beer garden of The Atlas afterwards and drank our beers. No words were needed; united as we were in our knowledge of the depths of human despair.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: Ghost MacRoth on 13 July, 2014, 07:36:08 PM
Are you officially her stalker yet? :p

I think you'll find that it's the other way round ;)

CrazyFoxMachine

Aces Weekly won best webcomic as well, whey.

Very fun weekend, some punters had a hell of a time of it though - queuing for hours in the baking sun to get turned away... yeeeeesh.

Also - can't believe it took me so long to get beaten up by Burdis on camera!

COMMANDO FORCES

I follow the orders of John Wagner and have to beat up all perps, eventually!

Bolt-01

We had a great time on Saturday. Think the awards were my personal highlight- mainly for having a good laugh with like minded folk and watching poor tony Head cope with the 'limited' script he'd got.

Congrats to Jim, he's certainly put the work in- and as I'm part of the Aces weekly collective I'm pleased to say I've finally got part of an award.

Albion

Despite the overcrowding and poor organisation I still had a good time. I also forgot about the tube closures and ended up getting a different train home but it was OK. Mrs Albion didn't mind picking me up from a different station a few miles away.

It was great catching up with friends, seeing the cosplayers and chatting to creators and of course going to the pub afterwards with crazyfoxmachine, Kerrin and the Judges.

One of the highlights for me was Bryan Talbot showing me the next Grandville book on his ipad. The whole book was on it! It was fascinating seeing the pages that aren't coloured yet. He was pointing out panels that were based on impressionist paintings, some of which I remembered from my study of art days at school. I also spotted a couple of characters from another famous comic. I didn't read it as such or look at every page as I will be buying it in November and didn't want any spoilers.
I also got an Inspector LeBrock sketch from him and ended up looking after his table twice during the day.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Bolt-01

Kerrin was there? And I missed Shaolin as well! Sheesh

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 14 July, 2014, 11:11:11 AM

I don't think he was there for that long — the crowds and the heat drove him off in search of a pint.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Albion

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 14 July, 2014, 11:11:11 AM

Kerrin was indeed there, I travelled up with him and his friend Steve on the train.
I went in before he did but caught up with him later. He abandoned the con early to spend most of the day in the pub.

It was a pleasure to chat to you again Bolt before you had to run off and move the car. I hope the rest of your day went well.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

CrazyFoxMachine

I'm a tough nut to crack!

Was awesome seeing Alb, Kerrin & the Judge squad for drinks on Saturday night :D Shame to miss the awards but cider was a callin'!

ZenArcade

More photos lads. Is CF writing one of his excellent reviews?
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead