Main Menu

Megazine Cover of the year VOTE

Started by Pete Wells, 20 January, 2014, 10:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

1st: 340

2nd: 336

3rd: 333

Didn't the McNeil droid have something to do with 334?
DDT did a job on me

Colin YNWA

3rd 342 - Colin McNeil

2nd 335 - Fay Dalton

1st 336 - Lee Garbett

hippynumber1

1st: 341 - Alex Ronald
2nd: 340 - Henry Flint
3rd: 334 - Neil Roberts

JohnMcF

1st.   336
2nd.   341
3rd.   335

Dog Deever

1st: 341
2nd: 333
3rd: 342

Difficult choice, Fay Dalton's and Flint's movie Dredd were also contenders for me.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

WhizzBang

The Bissler

3rd place - 338 Robinson / Teague   Dredd bursting a perp with his Lawmaster puts a big dumb smile on my face!

2nd place - 340 Henry Flint.  Iconic Dredd image that looks even better with the shattered glass foreground (and brings back happy memories of a Bolland cover for what I seem to remember was a holiday special)

1st place - 337 Clint Langley. This is just stunning looking, and best of all it reminds me of my favourite Bad Company character, Thrax!  I could look at this for hours!

It has to be said that all covers were of a very high standard and all artists can be very proud of their work.

moly

Frank

Three points - 335 (Dalton)

Two points - 341 (Ronald)

One point - 340 (Flint)

If it was just about composition and visual impact, the peerless Henry Flint would have walked away with it. The man's on fire at the moment.

Dalton's style is like crack as far as my aesthetic is concerned, though. She must be the House of Tharg's most exciting discovery in years, and it's rare to encounter an artist whose style and technical ability are so perfectly honed at the time of their first published comics work. Dalton gets my vote as the talent most likely to be annoyingly poached by American publishers, so more please, while she's still in TMO's price range.

Painted (or digitally painted) interior art doesn't seem to be viable on a weekly basis anymore, but if Greg Staples's forthcoming Dark Judges special proves a profitable model for further prestigious one-offs, Alex Ronald and his sumptuous palette get my vote for the job. There must be a twelve part script about sex-bots sitting in a drawer somewhere.

Simon Beigh

(1) 335. First Meg I ever bought and that Dalton cover is delicious...
(2) 338. I think it was Pete who said this should be on a T-Shirt. He's bloody right you know...
(3) 339. It's Paul Marshall! Huzzah for Paul Marshall! Oh, and I own the pens for this as well ;)

Daveycandlish

1st place - 340 - iconic!

2nd place - 335 - love that Fay Dalton image - like an old school movie poster  :)

3rd place - 334 - cool pose
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Zarjazzer

The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Skullmo

Some really great covers for the Meg this year!

1st - 335
2nd - 341
3rd - 337
It's a joke. I was joking.

james newell

1st place: 337 Clint Langley - because I love American Reaper (hat off to pat Mills also)

2nd place: 340 Henry Flint - lovely design and moody Illustration.

3rd place: 335 Fay Dalton - hope she des more for the meg.