Main Menu

Game of Thrones season 4

Started by mogzilla, 01 April, 2014, 08:03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Third Estate Ned

[spoiler]I found the visual conclusion of that scene so upsetting I didn't speak for about five minutes afterwards. All I could think was '...no...does not compute', as if there might have been some way to go back and change it. I was sure Oberyn was going to win, if only to bring some balance to the relentless bleakness. More fool me, a point hammered home in the strongest manner possible. I felt the same way yesterday as I did after the Red Wedding.

The only other scene in mainstream entertainment (i.e. not the outright horror genre) that's had me quite as shocked for its imaginative/sick gore was in Hannibal where he hangs that fellow in Florence.[/spoiler]

Yet, I want to carry on watching!

Jim_Campbell

And, of course, because they do like their ironies in GoT, [spoiler]there's no way in Hell that if Bronn had stood for Tyrion, he would have stood about monologuing before the Mountain was absolutely, positively, deader than fucking dead.[/spoiler]

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Satanist

Well even though we knew what was coming (Weve read most of the books) that was pretty graphic. The Mrs actually shrieked at the tv.

Good stuff.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

CrazyFoxMachine

Yeah it's much less graphic in the book apparently (see the comic posted a page back) and m'Geoffery made a noise like a beaten gull.

GoT still has the capacity to shock and disgust - even those who knew what was coming and that really is a testament to doing something right surely!  :sick:

Professor Bear

I thought the gore undermined the scene, as I started laughing at [spoiler]the hilariously over-the-top close-up on a million teeth hitting the ground,[/spoiler] setting up a very Tom and Jerry* atmosphere for the rest of it.

* No need to Google it, kids - Tom and Jerry were the Itchy and Scratchy your grandad watched.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Professor Bear on 03 June, 2014, 01:52:23 PM
I thought the gore undermined the scene, as I started laughing at [spoiler]the hilariously over-the-top close-up on a million teeth hitting the ground,[/spoiler] setting up a very Tom and Jerry* atmosphere for the rest of it.

Actually, [spoiler]there are eight or nine teeth and a fair quantity of blood, which is spot on given that we then see that all his front teeth have been knocked out*[/spoiler]. If it looked like more to you, fair enough, but that's not what's actually shown.**

Cheers

Jim

*[spoiler]Yes, I know that very rapidly becomes the least of his problems.[/spoiler]

** Yes, I did freeze-frame advance that bit. Luckily, I hadn't had me lunch. :-)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Professor Bear

You know what it looked like to me?

YOU'RE FACE

CrazyFoxMachine

You are face?

JIM IS FACE?!

Then who is Howlin' Mad Murdock, eh?

Satanist

and Tom and Jerry are still on the telly. I was quite surprised to see a cat on it smoking the other day. Thought that kinda thing was a bit dodgy now a days.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Professor Bear

If they've stopped showing episodes with Tom's owner, I think they're ahead.

MR. ELIMINATOR

[spoiler]Ok, i've had a think about it and still think it's pretty messed up shit.

I like GoT becuase of it's unpredictability but it's been four seasons now, and the only 'bad guy' who has died that I can think of is Joffery.

Where as pretty much every season someone I am routing for dies in increasingly horrific ways. It's just getting depressing now. 

I thought Joffery's death was pretty rubbish and he got off quite lightly. Especially compared to Obyren!

[/spoiler]

Link Prime

Quote from: radiator on 03 June, 2014, 01:26:08 AM
Oh yeah - one more thing: Roose Bolton just [spoiler]totally signed his own death warrant, didn't he[/spoiler]?

I hope not.
While a double-crossing villain, I find myself very slightly rooting for Bolton.
Could be McElhatton's incredible screen presence.

Steve Green

MR. ELIMINATOR

haha, was just about to post that link  :D

radiator

Wowzers, tonight's episode was a belter! It's another Neil Marshall-directed episode, but or me it worked a lot better than Blackwater. Bit gutted not to see any fallout from last week, but a cracking episode nonetheless. Next weeks looks set to be a biggie, too.