Main Menu

2000 AD Summer Special #1

Started by Judge MANSON, 04 April, 2014, 10:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amines2058

It is a thing or beauty that image. I agree that Dalton would be good doing anything but personally I would love to see her take a stab at Anderson now after seeing the above.

ming

TordelBack

If we'd managed to keep the cozzy zipped up and the helmet scaled down, that would be one of the definitive interpretations of Anderson.  Even still, it's a really magnificent piece of art. 

Now when can I buy this rudddy thing?  I'm away on my hols (hark at me!  :D) on the 24th June, I'd better have a pristine copy tucked into my sleeping bag or there will be weeping and wailing and teething of gnashers.

Hawkmumbler

Andrew_J

Quote from: Pete Wells on 20 May, 2014, 11:35:11 PM
This should have been the cover for the Summer Special, it's even pissing down on it. Perfect!

Agreed.

CrazyFoxMachine

Good dissection of it over on the 2000ad Tumblr here

Amazing to see so many unfamiliar names on writing and art :D and from a colouring perspective we've got all fresh uns there as well - some more from newish IDW colourist John Paul-Bove (who's been doing greytones in the Meg for an age) and some from small presser Kirsty Swan as well!

Also... that cover doesn't seem to be a placeholder. Hmm.

...same regular letterers though ;)

mogzilla

don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.

amines2058

Hmmm if that is going to be the final cover then I am not sold on it. Yes it is bold but it is not doing it for me, especially when you look at the wealth of artists out there e.g. Dalton, Ronald etc..

Spaceghost

Yeah, that is a very poor cover I'm sorry to say. Why would you use that?
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

8-Ball

Never judge a summer special by it's cover. ;)
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

mogzilla

I liked it, got a retro vibe
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.

Steve Green

I suppose the 90s is retro.

Not a fan of the cover either, sorry.

amines2058

I would much prefer a more standout cover to really entice new readers or anyone else to grab a copy (e.g. the Willsher Dredd exploding through the window from a few progs ago).
To me though that cover looks more fanzine than mainstream (apologies to whomever the artist is, it is a million times better than anything I could ever do , but I just do not feel it is suited to this release) :-[

TordelBack

I actually like it, and it'll definitely stand out from the regular Prog'n'Meg, but I wonder at its appeal for the casual browser/lapsed reader/non-scrot. Maybe something more like this beauty might better sync with the summer mindset, but, y'know, not so outrageously sexist:

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: amines2058 on 21 May, 2014, 12:56:01 PM
To me though that cover looks more fanzine than mainstream

Oh yeah, totally - fanzines have no idea how to do good covers  ::)