Main Menu

Tharg's Trivia Challenge

Started by I, Cosh, 09 April, 2014, 08:16:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

Alright? Mildly piqued at not yet being able to grab this week's Prog from Clickwheel I started casting around for something to do.

So, post a question. The more obscure the better. First person to get the correct answer asks the next one.

I'll start.

- What appeared in Prog 1139 that has never been seen before or since?
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

I'm going to guess its something in the thrills of the future supplement that never actually came to light.

I'm kinda glad I can't be more specific than that as I can't think of a good question!

I, Cosh

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 09 April, 2014, 08:20:17 AM
I'm going to guess its something in the thrills of the future supplement that never actually came to light.
Well, it may be that too, but it's not the answer I have on the card.
We never really die.

jackstarr

Quote- What appeared in Prog 1139 that has never been seen before or since?
Prog number 1139 written on the cover?

Buttonman

Prog only had 4 thrills?

Doubled sized letters page - 8?!

First letter credited to 'e-mail' - this would be a wrong assumption but incompetence is rife!

amines2058

A 7 rather than 6 page Dredd story?? (based on page count details listed on Barney??)

TordelBack

I really can't believe it's the only example, but is it the bit in Dante where the Sinister/Dexter parodies kiss?  Is it the first homosexual kiss in 2000AD?

I, Cosh

Quote from: amines2058 on 09 April, 2014, 09:42:51 AM
A 7 rather than 6 page Dredd story?? (based on page count details listed on Barney??)
Something which has happened slightly more than you might think. The last episode of Titan being the most recent example.

I can see this is going to take some time!
We never really die.

I, Cosh

Quote from: TordelBack on 09 April, 2014, 09:51:20 AM
I really can't believe it's the only example, but is it the bit in Dante where the Sinister/Dexter parodies kiss?  Is it the first homosexual kiss in 2000AD?
Not that (has Devlin never kissed anyone?) but we're getting somewhere with this.
We never really die.

amines2058

Is it more to do with the parodies rather than the kiss as there was also a Slaine parody in there??

I, Cosh

Quote from: amines2058 on 09 April, 2014, 10:26:56 AM
Is it more to do with the parodies rather than the kiss as there was also a Slaine parody in there??
No. It's specifically to do with Sin/Dex.
We never really die.

The Adventurer

Parody characters existing in the same Prog as the regular versions?

Though that seems unlikely. What with all the Droidlifes over the years.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

I, Cosh

Quote from: The Adventurer on 09 April, 2014, 10:34:24 AM
Parody characters existing in the same Prog as the regular versions?
Nope. It's something in that Prog's episode of Sin/Dex. Nothing to do with the parody.
We never really die.

TordelBack

Do both Dabnett and SBD appear at Demi's funeral?  I haven't got a copy of Eurocrash handy, but I seem to recall lots of portraiture...

The Adventurer

Cosh, you made me pull out my copy of Eurocrash just to read over the last chapter. After going over it several times... nothing unusual pops out at me. So it must have to with the actual printed story in the Prog. Of which I don't have.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK