Main Menu

Y'know what really grinds my gears?

Started by Link Prime, 12 April, 2014, 01:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rackle

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 29 June, 2019, 05:05:45 PM
Hottest day of the year. Hottest day for years... guess who's going to a gig at which black and/or leather is more or less mandatory?*

This is going to be... sweaty.

*Not like there's much else in my wardrobe.

Sorry to derail the thread slightly - who are you off to see?  Enjoy the gig  :)
I could add a gripe about the woes of being a goth in weather like today, but I managed to survive with Factor 50 sunblock.

I'll make sure to post on topic separately.

Theblazeuk

Zebra crossings in London are fine, as long as the drivers even notice they exist. Not an exclusive to London thing but if someone manages to get out from traffic in the smoke, it seems to go to their heads. Plenty of times I've seen vans/trucks just plow straight through traffic light crossings too, oblivious to the lights because it wasn't a junction where another car would hit 'em.

Mostly it's just shit drivers and where there's more people, there's more shit drivers.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Rackle on 30 June, 2019, 12:17:14 AM
Sorry to derail the thread slightly - who are you off to see?  Enjoy the gig  :)

Fields of the Nephilim at Nottingham Rock City. They were excellent. I came out happy, but both sweaty and knackered. Totally worth it.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

sheridan

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 30 June, 2019, 08:00:15 PM
Quote from: Rackle on 30 June, 2019, 12:17:14 AM

Fields of the Nephilim at Nottingham Rock City. They were excellent. I came out happy, but both sweaty and knackered. Totally worth it.

I've seen them a few times - once at the Astoria (RIP) and once at M'era Luna - I wouldn't have thought an outside gig would have done a band well known for dry ice any favours, but it was one of the best gigs of my life (not hurt by immediately having been preceded by NMA).  I don't know if they did it on purpose, but they managed to synch Dawnrazor to sunset...

Quote from: Carl McCoyWe're watching heaven as the sun goes down.

zombemybabynow

Do they still do the dry ice to the maximum?
Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

The Legendary Shark

I wanted to use three or four feet of the hosepipe but had to un-roll the entire thing because some drokker had rolled it back up all full of kinks and knots.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JayzusB.Christ

I saw the Sisters of Mercy for the first time a few years ago, having wanted to see them for years. I say I saw them, but what I actually saw was a massive cloud of dry ice for two hours with occasional silhouettes barely visible through it.

Must be an 80s goth thing, I suppose.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Funt Solo

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 01 July, 2019, 12:21:12 PM
I wanted to use three or four feet of the hosepipe but had to un-roll the entire thing because some drokker had rolled it back up all full of kinks and knots.

I invested in a non-kink hose a while back (assuming that it was all hokey advertising bollocks and that I'd remain as knotted, kinked and unhappy with hoses as I was before I spent even more money on a new one) and have been happily surprised at how well it works at being a non-kink hose.

Wait, though: this is the negative thread.  I should say something negative. 

How come they changed the penalty rules only after the Scots got kicked out of the World Cup?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Legendary Shark

Oh God. I'm talking about hosepipes and finding myself excited at the prospect of a non-kink version.

I've finally become my Dad.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Tjm86

Little disturbing that this thread has become so kinky mind ...

Hawkmumbler

Mardroid

Customs charges

You find a nice deal abroad... then the item turns out to be as expensive or possibly even more than what you could have sourced locally. And you don't know you'll have to pay that extra chunk, until you do. Things I've ordered from the US tend to get the charge (although not always). I don't think I've had to pay charges yet for packages from China, although I think that's largely cos they are vague or outright lie about the contents.

I've had a similar experience from Japan, until coming  in today... and there was a white card waiting. Grrr.

Link Prime

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 01 July, 2019, 09:37:57 PM
Nemesis the Whore-lock

Holding onto that one for about 6 years, werncha Hawk?

radiator

Quote from: Mardroid on 01 July, 2019, 10:48:10 PM
Customs charges

You find a nice deal abroad... then the item turns out to be as expensive or possibly even more than what you could have sourced locally. And you don't know you'll have to pay that extra chunk, until you do. Things I've ordered from the US tend to get the charge (although not always). I don't think I've had to pay charges yet for packages from China, although I think that's largely cos they are vague or outright lie about the contents.

I've had a similar experience from Japan, until coming  in today... and there was a white card waiting. Grrr.

If you think it's bad now, just wait until after a no deal Brexit...