Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Y'know what really grinds my gears?  (Read 128484 times)

Professor Bear

• Bionic Fingers
  • "Why, Black Dynamite? WHY?"
    • View Profile
    • Your Friends and Neighbors
Re: Y'know what really grinds my gears?
« Reply #1440 on: 12 January, 2020, 08:57:59 pm »
I keep seeing "Irexit" propaganda now on FB and even had some pamphlets through the letterbox during the GE from some yoke promising the "benefits of freedom from the EU protection racket" which is uhhhhh

Anyway, not sure what the consensus is in The South but from here, Ireland exiting the EU just seems insane and people shilling for it need a slap.

TordelBack

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • Thunder Chops is dragged off, gnashing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: 12 January, 2020, 11:33:08 pm »
The fash are everywhere. It's still very much a minority opinion, because most of us know which side our bread is buttered, but every Irish comment thread is full of them, busily 'manufacturing consent' like bad'uns. And we do all hate those blacks and muslims with their free houses & cars, which I'm sure is the EU's fault at some level.
« Last Edit: 12 January, 2020, 11:36:34 pm by TordelBack »

JOE SOAP

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: 13 January, 2020, 12:25:32 am »
Same alt-shite network of weirdoes that's operating in other European countries. They have little traction here and even Sinn Féin knew they had to ditch the anti-EU stance since it's poilitical seppuku.

Professor Bear

• Bionic Fingers
  • "Why, Black Dynamite? WHY?"
    • View Profile
    • Your Friends and Neighbors
« Reply #1443 on: 13 January, 2020, 12:26:45 am »
Immigrants living in fear, mass deportations, strict border enforcement, a rise in hate crimes, a newly-empowered far right, a media openly hostile to lefties and liberals... one day, far in the future when humans have big brains like them Star Trek aliens what does the illusions, someone will finally crack why Brexit seems such an attractive proposition to racists.

JayzusB.Christ

• Bionic Fingers
  • Squealing meat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: 14 January, 2020, 09:56:52 pm »
A friend of mine was banging on recently about how the EU has done nothing for Ireland. A farmer's son. Whose newlywed wife is a Venezuelan refugee who got here through a European passport.

Against all the odds, I love the guy and he's a good mate.  The doublethink is strong in him though.
“Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest”