Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Upcoming Gigs  (Read 40197 times)

Jim_Campbell

• 2000AD Creator
  • CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • Letterer to the Stars! (and PJ)
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt Gallery
Re: Upcoming Gigs
« Reply #360 on: 01 November, 2018, 10:32:37 pm »
Having missed the last two end-of-year-ish Fields of the Nephilim London gigs*, I was determined to make the Halloween show at Shepherd’s Bush Empire, and I’m glad I did, because they were really good. I’ve been going to Fields gigs since 1988, and I’ve never heard them sound better.

*Couldn’t make the timing work last year, and the ceiling fell in at the Empire the year before forcing the gig to change venue and date to one I couldn’t make.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Jacqusie

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 01 November, 2018, 11:05:24 pm »
I'm going for another fix of David Byrne in Manchester on Friday - this tour is such a brilliant concept and works really well.

Who knows when we might see him again on these shores, so it's defo worth another gander...  :)

sheridan

• Battle Hardened War Robot
    • View Profile
    • Wilde Wood
« Reply #362 on: 02 November, 2018, 12:44:23 pm »
Having missed the last two end-of-year-ish Fields of the Nephilim London gigs*, I was determined to make the Halloween show at Shepherd’s Bush Empire, and I’m glad I did, because they were really good. I’ve been going to Fields gigs since 1988, and I’ve never heard them sound better.

*Couldn’t make the timing work last year, and the ceiling fell in at the Empire the year before forcing the gig to change venue and date to one I couldn’t make.
I saw the gig the Astoria gig they did in 2007 (didn't realise it was that long ago!) and again a year later at M'era Luna (huge goth festival in Hildesheim, Germany, for those who haven't heard of it) - the M'era Luna one was far greater - presumably intentionally they sang Dawnrazor as the sun went down...

I, Cosh

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: 02 November, 2018, 08:02:22 pm »
I'm going for another fix of David Byrne in Manchester on Friday - this tour is such a brilliant concept and works really well.

Who knows when we might see him again on these shores, so it's defo worth another gander...  :)
Have heard nothing but incredibly OTT hyperbole about these shows but have not been able to get to one . Perfect example: we're in Amsterdam this weekend. When we arranged it we decided the Sunday evening flight home was better than the combination of another night in the hotel and a 6am start on Monday. Then checked what gigs were on that weekend and it's Big Dave on Sunday night and Lykke Li on Monday.
We never really die.