Main Menu

Suggestions for the floppy

Started by Recrewt, 19 June, 2014, 12:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullmo

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 19 October, 2014, 03:28:52 PM
I want to see everything that will never get a trade collection reprinted in the floppies! I love them and everything they stand for! Junker! Tao de Moto! Friday! Mother Earth! Time House! I want the lot! Some will assume I'm taking the piss but I'm not.

I agree. There is very little that 2000ad has published which is pants in both story and art. But there is a great deal that is not commercially viable to be printed as a stand alone book. I think that is what the floppies should focus on.

After it has finished Finn, Black Siddah and Calhab Justice.
It's a joke. I was joking.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 19 October, 2014, 03:28:52 PM
I want to see everything that will never get a trade collection reprinted in the floppies! I love them and everything they stand for! Junker! Tao de Moto! Friday! Mother Earth! Time House! I want the lot! Some will assume I'm taking the piss but I'm not.
Good grief. If Tharg puts Junker and similar dreck into the floppy, I'll seriously consider cancelling my sub. There needs to be at least a degree of quality control, and Junker was just awful. The art was OK (hardly Ridgeway's most inspiring output), but it was horribly boring. By contrast, Tao de Moto at least had some intrigue (although was it ever completed?), some of the Friday stuff barrelled along in an old-school way, and Timehouse was harmless and somewhat amusing, if entirely throwaway. (Mother Earth, I can barely picture at all, bar a vague recollection that the art was quite good.)

hippynumber1

There'll always be someone who likes/loathes what's in there. We've had Harmony and Judge Karyn which I really struggled with but I'm glad I've now read them which I hadn't before! Print the lot, even the stuff that some people will hate because others will love it!

Hawkmumbler

Valkaryes was awful so i'd have taken anything over that. Only good thing about that collection was the mildly amusing Ratt stories.

Fontwell Magma

Valkyries was truly terrible.

Lobster Random this month was a slight improvement - there seems to be a fair amount of love for this strip across the board.. I wasn't a fan particularly. I just can't get into the character, however much a mechaphile with lobster arms should be a good premise..

Some stonking artwork though.

Skullmo

What have we got next month - I forget

Spaceghost

Don't recall.

I only bother reading 1 out of every 10 floppies.

It's usually - A) something I've already read and didn't like - B) something I haven't read but which is generally considered to be rubbish, or, veeeery occasionally - C) something I have or haven't read which is of reasonable quality.

Last one I read was, I think, Durham Red. I'll be reading Lobster Random too even though it's far from one of my favourites.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Skullmo

A glass half full kinda guy then!

hippynumber1

Next one is Rose O'Rion! Another one I've never read so looking forward to it...

Hawkmumbler

Distinctly meh from what i've heard. Plagues of Necropolis after that.

IndigoPrime

I recall both of those. Rose O'Rion had some potential, but never really got the chance to grow. It wasn't too bad. Plagues of Necropolis was borderline unreadable. Oh well.

SmallBlueThing

Is there actually a reason Finn book two hasn't appeared? Because it's getting a bit suss now!

SBT

Mabs

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 21 October, 2014, 07:24:15 AM
Is there actually a reason Finn book two hasn't appeared? Because it's getting a bit suss now!

SBT

Thank you!
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Mark Taylor

Let me add to the voices in the wilderness (somewhere back around page 2) crying for a reprint of Dinosty.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Mark Taylor on 24 October, 2014, 06:02:36 PM
Let me add to the voices in the wilderness (somewhere back around page 2) crying for a reprint of Dinosty.

There is not enough mud coloured ink in the world for that...

said elsewhere but a collected Cursed earth Koburn would  be nice, please Mr Tharg?
DDT did a job on me