Suggestions for the floppy

Started by Recrewt, 19 June, 2014, 12:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Third Estate Ned

Quote from: sheridan on 02 June, 2015, 12:59:12 PM
Quote from: Third Estate Ned on 02 June, 2015, 10:26:17 AM
Quote from: The monarch on 19 June, 2014, 01:18:40 PM
straitjacket fits

Thought I'd search the thread before making this suggestion. So there are at least two of us who would like to read The Straitjacket Fits again. At the time I didn't really get it all but I loved the art. There was an inconclusive epilogue in the 1993 JD annual that could be included in a collection.

I wonder whether it is creator-owned.

...the artist of which will be at the Crouch End Comic Arts Festival this Saturday (I think, I'll have to pop over to the thread I started for it).

What a coincidence. If you see him you could ask him directly whether he owns it or not. Don't know how well that would go down being that over 20 years have passed.

sheridan

Quote from: Third Estate Ned on 02 June, 2015, 07:17:30 PM
Quote from: sheridan on 02 June, 2015, 12:59:12 PM
Quote from: Third Estate Ned on 02 June, 2015, 10:26:17 AM
Quote from: The monarch on 19 June, 2014, 01:18:40 PM
straitjacket fits

Thought I'd search the thread before making this suggestion. So there are at least two of us who would like to read The Straitjacket Fits again. At the time I didn't really get it all but I loved the art. There was an inconclusive epilogue in the 1993 JD annual that could be included in a collection.

I wonder whether it is creator-owned.

...the artist of which will be at the Crouch End Comic Arts Festival this Saturday (I think, I'll have to pop over to the thread I started for it).

What a coincidence. If you see him you could ask him directly whether he owns it or not. Don't know how well that would go down being that over 20 years have passed.
He didn't seem unhappy when I asked him to draw a character from said story (and did a brilliant job, especially considering it was a character he hadn't drawn for over two decades).

Dan Banks

How about all the uncollected Indigo Prime stuff? According to Barney there's:

• A Change of Scenery (Although it does seem to appear in the Best of Future Shocks so maybe not this one) 5 pages
  • Tyranny Rex: Soft Bodies 28 pages
  • Tyranny Rex: 1988 Sci Fi Special 8 pages
  • Weird Vibes 1-2 pages?
  • Requiem 8 pages
  • The loa in the machine 1-2 pages?

So at a guess just over 50 pages of material? The floppy is usually about 60 right? DISCLAIMER: I have no idea of the quality of these stories, just that they exist and aren't in the IP collections so far!

The Monarch

Soft bodies is possibly one of the most wtf things john smith has ever write and thats saying something!

I would prefer a proper tyranney trade but thats just me

robert_ellis

I'd also much rather see a Tyranny Rex trade - the Mark Buckingham stuff is extraordinary.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: robert_ellis on 16 June, 2015, 08:13:29 AM
I'd also much rather see a Tyranny Rex trade - the Mark Buckingham stuff is extraordinary.

Yeah Tyranny Rex is a bit of an overlooked gem to me. I say get a trade collection of these wonderful stories - particularly the fantastic Deus Ex Machina - to back up her return to the prog in a 12 part story (with double episodes book-endings) bringing her into the current Indigo Prime stuff...

... what... what...

Well if you don't ask you don't get!

robert_ellis

It's good of Steve Dillon to come back to the character! (I can dream!)

Dan Banks

Well I certainly wouldn't complain about a trade either!

The Adventurer

I've been an advocate for Tyranny Rex: Ex Machina Book 1 & 2

Also, The Clown Book 1 & 2, London Falling, Second City Blues, & Freaks / Faces

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

The Adventurer

We just got more Finn, I thought?

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

robert_ellis

I'd love to see MANIAC 5 - over the top Mark Millar & great Steve Yeowell art

SuperSurfer

I enjoyed David Hine's Mambo. Would like to see that in the floppy.

Hawkmumbler

The last few runs of Caballistics Inc. have yet to be collected, right?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 22 June, 2015, 12:51:32 PM
The last few runs of Caballistics Inc. have yet to be collected, right?

An eight-episode story and a one-off. So about 50 pages.

To be honest I wish they'd just re-release the whole lot properly in two TPBs. It was always a really bizzarre decision to stick Krystalnacht in the second book when it ought to be the payoff of the first - put that (and maybe Picking up the Pieces) in the first book and add the uncollected stuff to the second.

The second TPB came out eight and a half years ago(!) and is long since sold out, so you'd not really be treading on the toes of an exisiting reprint.
@jamesfeistdraws