Main Menu

Doctor Who - Season 8

Started by Goaty, 13 July, 2014, 09:18:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 25 August, 2014, 03:14:36 PM
I think the Fuckity BYe thing is just a Thick of It joke and not a reference to your discussion with CFM, Trout.

This - was just intending to lighten the mood sir! Honestly I have no beef with you at all, not a single piece in the house even!

Grugz

with the exception of strax I find the pasternoster gang to be tedious can they be killed please?

does the dr know vastra is eating folk? ok they may be baddies but really!
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Frank

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 25 August, 2014, 08:09:30 AM
The Sontaran hit Clara on the nose with a newspaper and we laughed

True. Limiting discussion of the comic to whether we thought some aspect of it was either good or bad, but not why we thought it was either good or bad, would make for a very dry read. Might as well just replace the forum with an electronic equivalent of the old voting slips, where you listed the stories in order of preference.

I'm not sure what function barring the laity from using technical terms would serve, except to ifantilise the discussion, and I can't think of any other sphere of life where such strictures apply. My mum knows what an RSJ is and could explain what function it performs; that doesn't mean she's trying to pass herself off as a builder.

8-Ball

Quote from: Grugz on 25 August, 2014, 04:36:20 PM
with the exception of strax I find the pasternoster gang to be tedious can they be killed please?

Really. I lurve Jenny and if I can find a decent enough image she is deffo gonna be my next profile pic. ;)
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Trout

Quote from: sauchie post office on 25 August, 2014, 04:50:22 PM

True. Limiting discussion of the comic to whether we thought some aspect of it was either good or bad, but not why we thought it was either good or bad, would make for a very dry read. Might as well just replace the forum with an electronic equivalent of the old voting slips, where you listed the stories in order of preference.

I'm not sure what function barring the laity from using technical terms would serve, except to ifantilise the discussion, and I can't think of any other sphere of life where such strictures apply. My mum knows what an RSJ is and could explain what function it performs; that doesn't mean she's trying to pass herself off as a builder.

And this is why I think I'm out of tune with this board. It becomes an argument about the argument, and people jump in to show how clever they are. Yawn.

Thanks for the replies, CFM and Tips. I never really watched The Thick of It. I can swear creatively on my own.  ;)

Professor Bear

Typical Scotsman American - no staying power in a fight.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Trout on 25 August, 2014, 05:20:20 PM
Quote from: sauchie post office on 25 August, 2014, 04:50:22 PM

And this is why I think I'm out of tune with this board. It becomes an argument about the argument, and people jump in to show how clever they are. Yawn.

Thanks for the replies, CFM and Tips. I never really watched The Thick of It. I can swear creatively on my own.  ;)

No, I didn't understand it either.

Satanist

Well my wife & kids enjoyed it but it bored the tits off me, I'll let it off though as its just the intro episode. If I enjoy half the eps a series then Im happy enough.

The Doctor was to zany at the start for my liking. Hope he calms down or he can fuck the fuck off!

another Tucker joke just for the Trout
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Satanist

Just like the Doctor you used to be young!

;)

So did I  :'(
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Proudhuff

Quote from: Satanist on 25 August, 2014, 06:23:06 PM
Just like the Doctor you used to be young!

...my Sunday morning was a bit like his wandering around that alley!

DDT did a job on me

Colin YNWA

Quote from: 8-Ball on 25 August, 2014, 05:19:40 PM

Really. I lurve Jenny and if I can find a decent enough image she is deffo gonna be my next ...

You had me worried there for a second!

Hawkmumbler

Some people seem to be much more vocal about the silly over the top relationship between Jenny and Vastra than any of the other silly over the top relationships in Nu-Who. Some people are so bad at hiding their bigotry.

JamesC

Just watched this on iPlayer and I thought it was pretty good.
It got better as it went on with Capaldi being more entertaining once he'd had his sleep!
I'm not a massive fan of the 'Who family', I think it's better with him and one or two companions. The battle with the automatons wasn't very convincing.
Those are minor niggle really though and I think for an opening episode it showed lots of promise.

I'm pretty sure Missy is a time lord and Heaven is a Tardis. The layout of the garden looked pretty Tardis-like with the big round fountain taking the place of the control console.

Link Prime

Quote from: JamesC on 25 August, 2014, 09:20:27 PM
I'm pretty sure Missy is a time lord and Heaven is a Tardis. The layout of the garden looked pretty Tardis-like with the big round fountain taking the place of the control console.

Yeah, definitely something along those lines.
I'll go with CFM's theory that she's [spoiler]a female iteration of The Master[/spoiler].
This seasons 'arc' storyline no doubt.

Gomez is great- as a fan of both Green Wing & The Book Group I know she's got the chops for the role.