Main Menu

Judge Dread IS Doctor Sin!

Started by Leigh S, 15 February, 2003, 04:55:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ukdane

Cheers

-Daney

karne

Yeah, that's typical. I trawl through my loft looking for the annual only to find the story in question posted on site. Anyway, from the look of the artwork, I'd say that the first four pages were probably a "pilot" episode, later finished off as a cheap space filler for the annual.

The artwork on the last two pages is, if I'm not mistaken, that of Alan Willow (You may remember him from Disaster 1990 and the Target Doctor Who novels). He seemed to be one of those freelance artists who stepped in at a moments notice (when artwork had gone missing in the post or not arrived by the deadline), and had a style similar to that of Mike White and Carlos Pino.

paulvonscott

Now I look at it again, the watcher is right, that is a transplanted head, it looks too small for the body as well.

Must remember to take my bucket of holy water with me when I go on my next occult assignment.

Bolt-01

Nice link. I had forgotten all about that story. I really remember the poor wretch who died after getting out of the car. That was one of the strongest images I took with me into adolescence.

If that is the original owner of the Judge Dread title, it would be interesting.

rotts

mongor2003

This would be great as a one-off in 2000gold.

Wake

Here is the reply from Pat Mills.

Could be.  The thing I recall was setting the story at Stonehenge, so if that's there it's the clincher.  The rest I don't recall, but is possible - especially the hanging Judge dramatic head shot.  Lalia would have been an obvious choice.

If all else fails, Kelvin Gosnell would know.

Leigh S

Ah well - that's disappointing - if there's one thing this strip doesnt feature that's in the info we already know about this strip, it's Stonehenge - that decrepit ruin looks very Lalia... I was hoping the headshot might jog some memories... Still, its not an out and out dismissal

I wonder if David Bishop, or someone else at Rebellion is still able to contact Kelvin...  Our last hope !